BENEFITING: Gardenshare Inc
EVENT DATE: Oct 10, 2015
GardenShare has worked to end hunger and strengthen our local food system since 1996. Originally formed as a network of gardeners sharing their extra harvest with local food pantries, GardenShare has since embraced a larger vision and adopted this refreshed mission statement in March 2015: Gardenshare's mission is to solve the problem of hunger in St. Lawrence County through policy advocacy work and by strengthening the food system to benefit all County residents. Our vision for the region includes:
• Healthy Food - Our annual Local Food Guide and farmers market promotion programs help ensure that the County has a vibrant, local food system where our food choices are healthy for us, for our communities, and for the environment.
• Healthy Farms - Our work promoting CSAs and Farmers Markets helps ensure that local farmers are able to make a living that supports their families, contributing to a robust local economy.
• Everybody Eats - We make it possible for people to use food stamps at area Farmers Markets and help low-income families buy CSA shares so that everyone in the County has access to enough nutritious and affordable food to sustain a healthy lifestyle. It is our vision that, when food assistance is needed, whether from government or private sector programs, it is provided in dignified ways that respect both the receiver and the giver of assistance.
We hope you'll join us for this important fundraiser to support this mission! Can you take a moment and also register here to help us with our planning?
How to get started:
· Gather a team, if you can, from work, school, or your place of worship!
· If you are collecting off-line donations, print the registration form and ask friends, family, classmates, or co-workers to make a donation to sponsor you and bring those donations with you to the event!
· If you’d like to raise money online, set up a page for yourself here and then you can e-mail friends and family to ask for a donation via your page.
· Join us on October 10, bring your signed registration form and any cash or checks you have collected, and come dressed for the weather.