Thanks for coming and visting my page! For those of you who don't know me first hand my name is Hank DeGroat and I am helping Level Ground Mixed Martial Arts raise $1,000 this holiday season! The truth is I want to blow this goal out of the water and raise 3-10x that amount for these kids!
These young warriors fight hard each day to better themselves in mind, body, and spirit. The staff at Level Ground provides the structure and support these kids need in three unique ways:
- They stimulate the mind by providing a supportive academic tutoring environment and match young people with professional mentors.
- They challenge the body with intense mixed martial arts and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training.
- They foster the spirit of each child by giving them hope and real world skills.
I have been volunteering with Level Ground and using my skills as a massage therapist and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt to support the kids and staff in any way that I can. I love working with the kids because they truly love the sport, and show tremendous resilience despite facing so much adversity. You can see all the love, support, and passion in this short video where one young man receives his blue belt: https://youtu.be/OQqTbwFpNIo
Please support my efforts so that Level Ground meets their $20,000 goal!
Background and How Money Will Be Used
Urban youth in Boston experience the highest rates of poverty, incarceration, and lack of access to quality education among their peers.
FIGHT THE STATUS QUO, and give these youth a shot at success.
Level Ground Mixed Martial Arts currently has a waitlist of 15+ youth in need of jobs, and 30+ that want to join our athletic, tutoring, and life skills program. Knock Out this list by donating today.
With your tax-deductible donation, we will:
- Provide 5 jobs to youth in the fitness industry. They will receive a certification and hands-on learning at a partner gym ($10,000)
- Launch a new athletic/tutoring/life skills program for 20 youth ($7,000)
- Sponsor our traveling competition team in 2016 ($3,000)
Funds raised above our $20,000 goal will help us Knock Out our waitlist completely.
Level Ground is fiscally-sponsored by UNOW (EIN 27-2621939).
Please make checks out to UNOW, and send to: Level Ground Mixed Martial Arts, 50 Milk Street, Floor 17, Boston, MA, 02127.