alfie ebojo via Crowdrise
December 13, 2012
In this season of giving, the best gift that we can give our children is our culture -- this is our legacy, our pamana.
“FilAm Arts has always been there during my artistic growth. From writer, to stage performer, to instructor, to producer, to visual artist, to curator to now, a board member, FilAm Arts has always provided me a space to showcase my work. FAA also allowed me the honor to teach art and dance classes, hence fully enriching my being in every degree.
Now I want to give back to an organization by volunteering my time and skills as a Board Member. My goal in this organization is to teach each and every one of us that we are artists- documenting OUR stories, discovering the beauty of our culture that has been hidden from us from traditional schools and passing down that legacy and history down to the upcoming generations.
Please support FilAm Arts and help us in our mission.”
- Alfie Ebojo, artist and FilAm ARTS Board Member
FilAm ARTS is passionate about the power of the arts to bring the community together, and continue the legacy of Filipino culture here in the greater Los Angeles area and in the U.S.
For 21 years, the impact of FilAm ARTS’ public programs have touched the lives of over a quarter of a million audience members:
· The Festival of Philippine Arts & Culture (FPAC) annually partners with over 100 organizations and 400 volunteers presenting about 600 artists to an audience of 20,000.
· The Pilipino Artists Network supports multi-disciplinary artists in Traditional Arts, Dance, Music, Visual Arts, Film/Media, Literary Arts, Arts Education, as well as Presenters.
· The Eskuwela Kultura brings Filipino culture to 300 inner-city K-12 youth, increasing literacy and civic engagement.
· The Buy Pinoy stimulates community support for more than 250 small businesses.
We are certain that with your support, we will make a greater impact. Your gift of $50, $250, $500 or more will be an investment in our community. Please consider making as generous a gift as you can.
Individual contributions are a significant part of our total budget. We need your help to keep FilAm ARTS a leading community arts organization that it has been for over two decades.
Thank you for your continued support of FilAm ARTS. It is because of your commitment to FilAm ARTS that has afforded us the opportunity to serve the community for 21 years. Let us work together to keep Filipino American arts and culture for the generations to come.
Maraming Salamat Po,