BENEFITING: Partnership Against Domestic Violence
You may not be, but according to the staggering statistics you probably know someone who has been affected by domestic violence.
- Every 9 seconds in the US a woman is assaulted or beaten.
- Around the world, at least one in every three women has been beaten, coerced into sex or otherwise abused during her lifetime. Most often, the abuser is a member of her own family.
- Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women—more than car accidents, muggings, and rapes combined.
- Studies suggest that up to 10 million children witness some form of domestic violence annually.
- Nearly 1 in 5 teenage girls who have been in a relationship said a boyfriend threatened violence or self-harm if presented with a breakup.
All proceeds of this fundraiser will benefit Partnership Against Domestic Violence (PADV). PADV works to end the crime of intimate partner violence and empower its survivors. It is the largest nonprofit domestic violence organization in Georgia, and has provided professional, compassionate, and empowering support to battered women and their children in metro Atlanta.
PADV began as an all-volunteer agency in 1975 and incorporated in 1977. Today, the agency has 36 full- and part-time staff with an administrative office and two 24-hour emergency shelters in Fulton and Gwinnett counties.
PADV works to end domestic violence by:
•offering safety and shelter for battered women and their children;
•restoring power, self-sufficiency and control to domestic violence survivors; and
•educating the public on the dynamics of domestic violence.
Will you join with me to help raise awareness and support so that we can fill hearts with hope? Please donate today.