BENEFITING: Claires Place Foundation Inc
The Professor Fitness Challenge
Challenging students to challenge their instructors!
Students everywhere! Here's your chance to help children with cystic fibrosis (CF) and have fun at the same time by challenging your professors, teachers, coaches, etc. to perform a creative and fun (but always safe) fitness activity to benefit Claire's Place Foundation (see more about the foundation below).
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a life-threatening genetic disease that often causes persistent lung infections and progressively limits the ability to breathe. We're asking students everywhere to "Give a Breath" and challenge your instructors in the following way:
- Get a group of students together (your entire class/team is best).
- Send your entire entire class/team a note in advance (via email, Slack, WhatsApp, Snapchat, etc.) to let them know you'll be challenging your instructor and to have them bring a few dollars (or a few dollars more) to class for the donation.
- Then speak with your instructor (ahead of time is a nice gesture) to make the challenge to perform any type of creative and fun (but always safe) fitness activity. Some activity ideas: pushups, a plank, a cartwheel, a few dance steps, an elbow lever (click here), a few yoga moves, volleyball serve, basketball free throw, or something else fun!
- Let your instructor know that your classmates will be putting their donations together to donate to Claire's Place Foundation, and that they would like to invite the instructor to donate as well.
- On the day of your class, bring a container to collect donations.
- Then RECORD your challenge to the instructor (you can do this ahead of time if you'd like) on a video camera or smart phone.
- RECORD the actual fitness challenge activity (video and/or photos).
- Contribute the full donation amount to CrowdRise.com/FitnessChallenge. Be sure to include your educational institution and instructor's name, and then write in the comments about the activity and include if the instructor matched your donation.
- Edit together your videos/images and then post the final product with the #GiveABreath hashtag on your favorite social media site(s). Be sure to include the CrowdRise.com/FitnessChallenge website so that other students will know where to go to participate.
- Challenge other students, other instructors at your school, and other schools to participate. See who can get the most participants, the most instructors challenged, have the highest contribution, raise the most donations, etc.
- We'll search for the most entertaining videos and include them on this page and share them via our social media network as well, so don't forget the #GiveaBreath hashtag!
Featured Fitness Challenge Videos
- FIU's Wendy Guess: https://youtu.be/LeMfd8yznQ4
- FIU's Chris Allen: https://youtu.be/HLTS8uOUbQE
- FIU's Greg Maloney: https://youtu.be/PZrcYwNlySs
- Your professor's video goes here!______________
About Claire's Place Foundation
Claire's Place Foundation helps families with CF children by offsetting the costs associated with cystic fibrosis treatments, surgeries, hospital stays, etc. To learn more, watch the video above or go to the foundation website.
It was started in honor of Claire Wineland, now a teenager, who has been living with CF her entire life. Despite her constant treatments and hospital stays, Claire has a beautifully positive attitude and strives to live life to its fullest, being an inspiration to young and old alike.
Every donation, large or small, is appreciated and benefits a wide variety of CF children and their families. You don't have to do the fitness challenge to participate. Thank you in advance for your generosity and compassion.