Sarah Schuch wrote -
BENEFITTING: Flint Community Cookout
EVENT DATE: MAR 25, 2017
Flint Community Cookout wrote -
It's that time of the year again! Time for the supports of the Flint Community Cookout to get a little crazy!
The past two years we have done a polar plunge in Fenton, but this year we wanted to bring you to the park where the cookouts are held. We wanted the spirit of this fundraiser to be in Flint, the city that we love. So this year (drum roll please) we will be ending our fundraiser with dunk tank at Riverfront Park in Flint where we hold our monthly cookouts.
Our goal is to show God's love in the city of Flint and bring people together on a monthly basis to share a meal together and get to know one another - a step we believe is crucial in making a different in Flint.
We have a crew of crazy people ready to get dunked on March 25, but before they do they need to raise at least $500 each! But our ultimate goes is $10,000! It's a big goal, but we know it's possible with all your support. Starting Feb. 25, let the fundraising begin!
With this year's fundraiser, we want to be able to be mobile and have portable picnic tables to allow people to eat together and pray with each other.
Besides the resources needed to be fully mobile, want to continue pouring out our support for the Flint Community Cookout, which meets downtown in Riverbank Park (behind Riverfront dorms) the last Saturday of every month. We are in our 7th year!
We believe in this cause and we know you do, too. So here's how you can help!
Here's what the money goes toward:
- $5,000 will purchase and outfit a trailer, where all our items can be kept (We will be a mobile cookout!)
- $700 for a new grill. (This grill will be one long grilling surface and will fit right in the trailer)
- $600 would provide five folding portable picnic tables at the cost of $120 each
- $300 would, on average, cover the cost of one Flint Community Cookout, including food, activities and other supplies
- $3,600 would cover our costs for a year!
- $43 would cover a box of burgers for the cookout. $172 would cover the average amount of burgers we use each month
All are welcome to join in on the Flint Community Cookouts. Our goal is to create a community to share a meal, get to know each other and most of all spread love and hope to one another.
In a city that often gets a bad reputation, we want to continue sharing something positive. But we need your help! Remember, we will be getting dunked in a tank of water at the end of this if that's any incentive.
The Flint Community Cookout has music, games, friends and food … and it's FREE!
Choose your favorite dunk tank participant and let the fundraising begin!
Don't forget to LIKE our Facebook Page to stay up to date on The Flint Community Cookout.