Holly Kremers via Crowdrise
August 27, 2012
BENEFITING: Water For People
ORGANIZER: Florida AWWA
EVENT DATE: Sep 01, 2012
Florida AWWA wrote -
We are working with Water for People on their biggest fundraising campaign of the year: TIME WELL SPENT $2 million Challenge. We only have 30 days to reach our goal!
Women and girls in the developing world can spend up to 6 hours collecting water EVERY DAY. That’s hours of time lost that could be going to school, work, and play. With your donation to Water for People, you can give this time back by getting them access to improved water.
The goal: Water for People is working to get improved water for EVERYONE. Donate to TIME WELL SPENT and change the lives of women and girls. Give them time to work, to learn, to play.
You can help us reach $2 million dollars by September 30th. Several generous supporters have already donated $1 million and challenged us to double the impact by raising another $1 million.
What's the Deal?
Women and girls in developing countries haul water for an average of 4 hours a day. That’s hours of time lost that could be going to school, work, and play.
With your help, Water For People wants to make that Time Well Spent. We need to raise $1 Million to match another $1 Million already pledged by amazing donors. So every donation has Double The Impact up to $2 Million!.
How much is 4 hours worth to you? What would you have to give up if you lost 4 hours a day? What could you do if you had 4 MORE hours?
- $24 - Just a dollar for every hour in your day.
- $28 - Honor the number of hours each woman and child spends gathering water every day, and help change their future days.
- $40 - Or perhaps you could donate based on the value you place on an hour of time. Imagine losing 4 hours every day from work or school. If your time is worth $10/hour, then can you give $40 to help women and girls get their time back for living, learning and working?
- $200 - If you value your time at $50/hour, can you give $200 in honor of the value of your time?
- $Priceless – The value of time is subjective. What would ADDING 4 HOURS to your life mean to you and your future potential?
Remember every dollar has DOUBLE THE IMPACT, so this is one of the best investments you, your donation and your time can make.
Plus, every week you'll be in the running for great prizes from our sponsors listed above. Don’t delay - Time is of the Essence!
The Challenge ends Sept. 30.