Florida Veterans Foundation
In 2008, the Florida Legislature established the Florida Veterans Foundation as a Direct Support Organization to the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs (FDVA).
As a Direct Support Organization, the Foundation is incorporated as a not for profit corporation under chapter 617, Florida Statutes, to provide assistance, funding and support for the FDVA in carrying out its mission of veterans’ advocacy.
The Foundation operates for the direct and indirect benefit of the veterans of Florida, the FDVA, and veteran service organizations. The Florida Veterans Foundation is also a non-profit organization operating for charitable and educational purposes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code to:
• educate the public about the needs of veterans; and,
• promote and aid charitable activities for the support of the
livelihood and general welfare of Florida-resident veterans.
The Foundation is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors, appointed by the Executive Director of the Florida Department of Veterans’ affairs.
Board members are unpaid volunteers who are veterans, business owners, community leaders; current residents of Florida; and are highly knowledgeable about the United States military, its service personnel, its veterans, and its mission.
To view the current Board of Directors, please see www.floridaveteransfoundation.org
Florida has approximately 1.6 million veterans spanning from World War II to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
While many of these veterans successfully transitioned to a post-military career, some face challenges to living a happy and productive life.
Major issues faced by Florida veterans include access to healthcare and benefits; housing; jobs and unemployment; education; major depression, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); traumatic brain injury (TBI); substance abuse; homelessness; and suicide.
The Florida Veterans Foundation serves, supports, and advocates for Florida veterans to improve their well being.
The Florida Veterans Foundation:
• serves Florida veterans and their families by providing direct services and partnering with state and local governments, veteran service organizations, and educational institutions to improve their physical, financial, mental, emotional, and social well being;
• supports the Florida Department of Veterans Affairs’ mission of advocacy; and,
• advocates for Florida veterans by educating the public and governmental entities to increase awareness on veteran-related issues.
The Florida Veterans Foundation offers various charitable and educational programs and services in furtherance of the following goals:
• Keeping veterans in their homes safely and comfortably;
• Increasing a veterans access to quality healthcare and benefits;
• Raising the public’s awareness of psychological and neurological issues facing veterans;
• Reducing the stigma associated with seeking behavioral health treatment;
• Decreasing veteran suicide;
• Increasing veteran employment;
• Reducing chronic homelessness among veterans;
• Providing justice-involved veterans an opportunity to receive treatment vice incarceration.
CR Impact Points
Click the VOTE button to give Florida 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). Vote for the Volunteers and Fundraisers that are answering the call to service, raising money for charity, and making an impact for their causes. Come back and Vote every months. CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.
CR Impact Points
If you're seeing the grey VOTE button, you should feel great about yourself. It means you already voted for Florida this month. Come back next month and vote again if you still love Florida. Thanks to your vote, Florida earned 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.