In the villages of Ajara, girls are being denied education. Rather than send them to school, they are forced into child marriages. Those who try to resist or insist on going to school are not supported and they eventually drop out for hunger.
Started in 2008, Rethink Africa’s Food for School (FFS) program has helped many of the drop-outs complete basic education, over-whelming majority of whom are girls and orphans. We provide uniforms, fees, food, and school materials for them to go back to the classroom and finish what they started.
• Several malnourished children have been turned into healthy, happy school pupils
• Abused girls have been rescued from child-labor and successfully put in the classroom
• Helpless widows have been assisted in sending their daughters to school
• Talented minds who dropped out of school for hunger have been supported. Three of them are now in college.
• Yet another two of the FFS beneficiaries are college-bound. Please check out their video here:
Why We Need Your Help
We believe the mind is a terrible thing to waste. The only thing standing in the way of gifted girls in Ajara is support. Something as basic as food is what they need to have basic education. The more funds we have, the more impoverished children we are able to help. The fact that five of the girls who would have never seen the walls of a classroom are now in college is a powerful testimony of how much difference your donations can make. Please check out the videos of two of them here:
https://youtu.be/NiC3nmvv8HE ; https://youtu.be/F3xp9FlJVIk
Kindly donate generously, so we can reach our budget goal of $24,000