BENEFITING: FOREST TRENDS ASSOCIATION
ORGANIZER: FOREST TRENDS ASSOCIATION
FOREST TRENDS ASSOCIATION wrote -
Celebrate Giving Tuesday and this Holiday Season by helping Forest Trends!
This is our only annual fund raising appeal – through Crowdwise – and is the way we raise most of our operating funding. As someone concerned about forests, climate and the health and well-being of our planet, please make a gift to this campaign.
Forest Trends is a small but global organization that works entirely on developing $$ Millions of financing for conservation for forests and other natural resources. Through our work, we demonstrate that intact forests are more valuable than cleared timber or agriculture through the value they bring to climate protection and the species and local communities that depend on them.
For 15 years Forest Trends has promoted innovative projects that create market-based incentives and payment mechanisms to protect natural resources. We work with local communities and indigenous peoples, and build unique partnerships between governments, financial institutions, and civil society to pioneer approaches that invest in the ecosystem services of our planet.
Now is the time for you to invest in our work!
Your support through Crowdwise will:
- Advocate for new policies that combat illegal deforestation and promote legal and sustainable trade of forest and agricultural products;
- Secure the financing needed to support governments, businesses, and civil society to stop deforestation;
- Implement projects to improve the quality and availability of water in places like Peru, China, Bolivia, and Mexico;
- Replicate the success of our project with the Surui people of the Amazon in bringing forest carbon and other ecosystem service benefits to other indigenous peoples;
- Support innovation around new financial instruments, such as Green Bonds, to bring the power of capital markets to invest in the natural infrastructure of our planet.
To learn more about Forest Trends, visit our website at www.forest-trends.org.