Team Member: Nikki Anderson
Gee Cee wrote -
This is a LEGITIMATE plea for help.***
These children were all permanently taken away from their parents and have been in a non-relative fostercare for 3 YEARS as social services looked for possitble family members to adopt them.
We now also have 2 more children that are placed in a non relative foster home for an unknown time frame.
These small children are on the verge of being seperated.
We are excited to embrace them in our family. We have connected with these kids and and intend on adopting the first 3, and keeping the 2 new ones with us. I have filed for temporary guardianship with their tribal court.
I feel like it was God's hand who put us together. It was an absolutely crazy way we found each other.
We are a fixed income family at the moment and can't afford start up stuff needed to complete my adoption license the agency wants us to have done.
We are doing the foster to adopt so the kids can be with us now rather than way later, as the adoption process takes forever.
the following are the items we need right away, which is the reason for this fundraiser.
- We have found a reliable van for VERY cheap and need to purchase and pick it up by the 12th or 13th of this month. $400
- 3 Twin Bunkbeds, with mattresses, water proof matress covers and bedding.
- 4 dressers/ wardrobe closets,
- 5 toy boxes, & Storage foot locker
- Clothing/Winter Gear
- Kitchen table and chairs (in a awkward small space) (Breakfast Nook that sits in corner with bench seating.) We Found an item that would fit perfect from Walmart that we can purchase once we raise the money.
The agency also want us to move to a larger place so we are currently looking for a a 4 or 5 bedroom to rent while we get this fundraiser stuff done.
(If anyone knows of a landlord that has a 4 or 5 bedroom HOUSE to rent Please let me know.)
Whether you are able to help us in this, or not, please say a little prayer that we can raise the money we need to rather quickly and that the rest of this process moves along speedy and without incident.
(You can message me for a flyer version to hang in your office breakroom. ) :)
Thank you and God Bless!