Katie Bertoglio-Harris via Crowdrise
August 05, 2012
BENEFITING: FEEDING PETS OF THE HOMELESS
Through the “Pets of the Homeless” program, we will do our part in helping to reduce hunger in pets belonging to the homeless and the less fortunate and provide veterinary care for those pets in communities across the country.
We believe in the healing power of companion pets and of the human/animal bond which is very important to life.
Our actions will include the following:
1. Promote to veterinarians and pet related businesses the importance of joining the program as a collection site
2. Speak out on the issue of pets of homeless and the disadvantaged
3. Campaign to food distributing organizations the importance of distributing pet food to the less fortunate
4. Provide grants to licensed veterinarians and other nonprofit organizations that meet our objective to administer veterinary care to pets of the homeless
5. Provide pet sleeping crates to homeless shelters