Matt Derda via Crowdrise
March 15, 2011
BENEFITING: Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation
Fred Leeds was an improviser with me at the Smarty Pants Theater Company in Dayton, OH. He was the most hilarious and compassionate people I have ever met. I am trying to raise $10,000 in Fred's memory for the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation. You should donate to my project because:
1. If you do not Fred will Haunt you, seriously, he will
2. Fred was a juggalo...google it
3. He once did an improv show at a school and the principal's skirt came off...and Fred did nothing to help her, because it was funny.
4. His godmother was Granny on The Beverly Hillbillies...no joke
5. Fred did hair for years and one day while working on a woman's beehive (or something like that) he laughed so hard that that mucus flew out of his mouth and into the woman's hair. He didn't tell her. She came back the next week and said, "I don't know what you did to my hair last time, but it was great."
6. Lots of people loved Fred.
7. He was the world's oldest professional improviser.
8. Fred was absolutely convinced that I was going to make it in comedy.
9. He invented the "Fred Warm Up" that still do to this day before shows...I can't tell you what it is though.
10. Fred made us sign a contract saying we would roast him at his funeral.
11. At an Applebee's after the funeral the Smarty Pants crew was sitting at a table laughing and a woman came up and said, "I don't know what you guys are celebrating, but it most be real funny." I replied, "Our friend died."
12. Fred was cooler than any of us younger guys, on any day.
13. He made up the term the Tennessee Shank Jabber.
14. Finally, how can you not donate for this old man...you jerk!