Freedom for Cambodia
Organized by: Brenda Herr
3 weeks & 2 days to go...
March 28, 2016
EVENT DATE Apr 20, 2016
Hello from a new fundraising site for my mission trip to Cambodia to fight sex trafficking.
You may be asking yourself why I'm fundraising from crowdrise.com now. Well, gofundme.com charges 7.5% in fees from every donation. This website was referred by a friend because their fees are a maximum of 3%. That means more money to cover my costs and more supplies to purchase for the ministry and people in need in Cambodia.
Because so many of you have supported me through prayers, encouragement, financial donations, and/or donated items, you are empowering a nation that has been oppressed, impoverished, and voiceless. Sex trafficking is running rampant throughout Cambodia through different avenues, but a great many family members that live in the slums sell their children (of all ages), grandchildren, nieces and/or nephews to traffickers daily.
XP Missions is focused daily on educating and empowering children in the slums, creating training, jobs, and counseling for ladies that were sold or coerced into prostitution, and a home for children that were trafficked and don't have a family that will keep them safe. You are helping to add another set of feet on the street in Phnom Penh, Cambodia for a week and a half and items to help support the ministry. Everyone and everything makes a difference.
I'm taking multiple suitcases with items from their need list (including Kmer Bibles) that I've purchased. If you'd like to buy items for me to take, below is a list of needs. I'm leaving April 20th, so please have items to be 1 week before I leave. Thank you!
Children’s Items (for outreach and/or children in our pre-school/daycare program):
2. Long Jump Ropes (large enough for groups to participate)
3. Tissue paper
4. Colored pipe cleaners
5. Coloring books & crayons
6. Balls (soccer balls, volleyballs, bouncy balls, etc.)
7. Girl’s hair accessories (hair ties, headbands, brushes/combs, hair clips, barrettes, etc.)
8. Plastic jewelry (necklaces, bracelets, watches, etc.)
9. Flashcards (alpha and numeric)
10. Miniature toys (small stuffed animals, matchbox cars, etc.)
11. Puzzles (of all levels and difficulties)
12. Stuffed animals
13. Crafts and art supplies
14. Diapers (cloth or disposable)
15. Baby items (bottles, blankets, pacifiers, baby formula, etc.)
Clothing: (All sizes, male, female, and children needed)
1. Shirts, shorts, pants
2. Underwear (this is a great need)
3. Flip flops and sandals (this is a great need)
Toiletries: Most people in the slum and garbage dump communities cannot afford toiletries. We often distribute hygiene packs and give “lessons” on how to use and why to use the items provided. We will need miniature toiletries, including:
Shampoo, conditioner toothpaste, toothbrushes, body soap (liquid or bar), lotionm feminine items (pads only please)
Children’s Home (kids and caregivers):
1. Baby dolls and doll accessories (stroller, clothes, baby blankets, hats, combs/brushes, etc.)
2. Cars and action figures (for boys –remote control or matchbox cars are favorites)
3. Crafts and art supplies, board games, etc.
4 .Makeup, nail polish, etc. for our caregivers (these are specialty items that they often go without but having them is always an extra special treat)
5. Learning tools and games (especially those that help with sensory understanding, cognitive development, or fine /large motor movements)
6. Children’s and young adult books (especial Christian books or those with a Kingdom message)
7. English learning tools and games
8. Gardening and yard tools (including seeds)
9. Children’s and adult vitamins
10. Sheets and towels
Outreach Specific Donations/Other:
1. Khmer Bibles
2. Sets of heavy duty gloves for garbage collection and work projects
3. Mosquito nets
4. First Aid kits
5. Musical instruments (guitars, small drums, tambourines, etc.)
6. Sheets and towels