Organized by: Somos Fres.Co
Fres.Co is a grassroots space for conscious cultural workers, movement builders, community entrepreneurs, and artists to share their gifts with the community and vis versa. Whether it’s co-locating for our “9-5” jobs or offering workshops on artmaking, policy/research, or spoken word we hope to create a physical location where minds can meld and dreams can manifest into reality. Learn more about our intentions here: http://somosfres.co/
The current Fres.Co team includes Dulce Upfront Founders Abigail Janzen, Omequetzal Lopez, and Tony Carranza. Additionally, Alicia Olivarez and Janaki Jagannath have joined as original founders of Fres.Co. Learn more about us here: http://somosfres.co/team/
Through this space we plan to offer the following:
+ A “co-location” (shared workspace) for artists and movement builders
+ Event space for community members, writers, activists, and cultural workers, including:
- Art shows and artist talks featuring local and traveling talent
- Panels and lectures on key issues in the Central Valley. Especially environment, food justice, economic, cultural, politics, and organizing topics
- Workshops on holistic (physical, mental, and emotional) self care including aromatherapy, healing circles, yoga and other physical practice
- Multicultural dance classes for youth - Community art and printmaking workshops for all ages
- Trainings in event production aesthetics, including a conscious event production
- Workshops where community members can develop business plans and funding strategies to grow their socially-conscious and community-minded business ventures and side hustles
If you have other ideas of what you would like to see or something to contribute to the space, please complete this form.
Fres Co. will be a space that is by the people, for the people. In that vein we are looking to you to participate in the creation of this space through community contributions. We are asking for a contribution that is meaningful to you so that we can make this dream a reality. With a online fundraising goal of $7,500 in monetary form, in-kind donations, or labor on any of the following:
+ Paint and furnish the space
+ Install telephone and internet service
+ Insure the space
+ Provide community programming
+ Air Conditioning/Heating repairs
Construction has already begun and we're aiming for an October launch date - stay tuned! During the next year we will also undergo strategic planning including developing a business plan to work towards long-term financial and leadership sustainability.
Thank you for your contribution and please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.
- Abby, Alicia, Janaki, Ome, and Tony