Urgent Medical Issue - Donations Needed
March 28, 2018
BENEFITING: TEMPLE EMANUEL OF GREATER NEW HAVEN INC
The Jewish Community Alliance for Refugee Resettlement (JCARR) is a collaboration between local synagogues to co-sponsor refugee families who are new to the New Haven area. The synagogues have a history of individually sponsoring refugee families, dating back to the 1980s, and felt a need to reinvigorate those efforts in light of the recent refugee crises worldwide. While the synagogues span different denominations of Judaism, all recognize that one of the Torah’s strongest themes is the obligation to love the stranger. Please join us in supporting those values by helping refugee families integrate into the broader New Haven community.
Funds will go toward payment of a security deposit for apartment rental, subsidizing the family’s rent and basic utility costs for the first few months. Other expenses will include translation services for healthcare and social services appointments, new mattresses and box springs for each family member, a cell phone, and some household items we may not get through donations.
If you have any questions about JCARR or would like to get more involved, please contact our coordinator, Jean Silk, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Partners in JCARR include:
- Temple Emanuel of Greater New Haven in Orange
- Congregation Mishkan Israel of Hamden
- Congregation B’Nai Jacob of Woodbridge
- Congregation Beth-El-Keser Israel (BEKI) of New Haven
- Congregation Or Shalom of Orange
- The Jewish Community Relations Council
- Jewish Federation of Greater New Haven
- IRIS - Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services