BENEFITING: Grassroots International
ORGANIZER: Grassroots International
I'm fundraising for Grassroots International because I believe that our food system is broken. But together we can fix it and feed the world and cool the planet all at the same time!
To entice my network to give, I'll be offering some special handmade goodies for anyone who donates through my campaign:
- $10 will get you a holiday ornament
- $25 will get you a winter hat
- $50 will get you a pair of fingerless gloves
- $100 will get you a multicolored knit scarf
More About Grassroots:
Water. Land. Seeds. Food. These are basic human rights.
For decades, financial institutions like the World Bank and massive corporations, emboldened by “free trade” agreements, have gobbled up prime agricultural lands and access to major water sources all around the globe. They use poisonous chemicals on the land to grow industrial crops, and make huge profits on the exports while actually producing less food than small farmers.
Fortunately, that’s not the end of the story. Millions of small farmers, indigenous peoples and caring individuals (like you!) want to guarantee human rights to everyone, especially those on the losing end of corporate globalization.
Founded in 1983, Grassroots International was one of the first – and is still one of the only – foundations that believes small farmers and producers are better for the land, for the community and for our climate than corporate agriculture. With help from individuals like you, Grassroots International has invested over $42 million in community-led movements to guarantee human rights to water, land, seeds and food at time when these resources (and those who defend them) are under attack.
What your gift can do:
- Provide much-needed support and solidarity for grassroots movements in Latin America, Haiti, Brazil, Palestine, West Africa and around the world.
- Advance bottom-up solutions, led by those most impacted by the problems to advance real and creative solutions.
- Make a difference in the lives of small farmers and vulnerable communities that are on the frontlines of challenging the corporate takeover of land and water systems, protecting seeds and supporting sustainable alternatives.
Grassroots International envisions a world in which a universal commitment to the health and well-being of the earth and all its peoples, fueled by successful global movements for economic and climate justice, has transformed production practices, consumption patterns, and economic and social relations to ones based on sustainability, equity, and the rights to land, food, and water.