BENEFITING: Interfaith House, Inc.
EVENT DATE: Jul 20, 2014
"The reason we race isn't so much to beat each other, but to be with each other." - Born to Run
Just over 4 years ago, I met two amazing women, Sarah and Kari, whom I consider two of my dearest friends. In addition to our shared love of music, adventure, travel and exploring the patio culture of Chicago, we have always pushed each other to be the best we can be in everything we do.
This year, we're doing our first IRONMAN 70.3 and we wanted to give back to a cause that's very near and dear to our hearts. We consider ourselves the lucky ones and we wanted to help support the efforts of Interfaith House which provides such wonderful care to those who are not so lucky.
Help us fund the house! A donation of any kind can help support the efforts of the house - a breakdown of costs required to run the house are highlighted below. Any little bit counts!
- To heat the House per day: ~$97
- To heat the House per month: ~$2,900
- To supply water/gas/electricity to the House per day: ~$168
- To supply water/gas/electricity to the House per month: ~$5,020
- To feed all (64) residents per day: ~$167
- To feed all (64) residents per month: ~$5,010
- To clothe resident for their whole stay: ~$100
- To provide toiletries (shampoo, toothpaste, soap, etc.) to all (64)
- residents per month: ~$512
- To house one person per day (inclusive of meals, bedding, clothes,
- toiletries, utilities, and heat): ~$100
- To house one person per week: ~$700
- To house one person per month: ~3,000
- To house all (64) of our residents per day: ~$6,400
- To house all (64) of our residents per week: ~$44,800
- To house all (64) of our residents per month: ~192,000
About Interfaith House Chicago:
Interfaith House provides residential care for homeless men and women in medical recovery. This 64-bed center on Chicago’s West Side, offers interim housing and support to ill and injured homeless adults who would otherwise lack a stable and safe place to heal.