Hello! My name is Slim and I am a runner from France. I am so happy that I am able to become involved with the Somaly Mam Foundation through this event. I found out about this amazing organization from my good friend, Izzy, who is the volunteer coordinator for Project Futures GLOBAL. I knew I must find a way to get involved and help out after I learned some of the stories of girls that were once trapped in the horrible business of human trafficking and slavery. Since I am a runner, I am excited to utilize my skills and help these girls out. Please help me help them and donate anything you can. Your support means so much to me.
How your donation can change a life:
1. $ 500 gives the power to rebuild. This donation provides a survivor with everything she needs to start her own business, including all supplies and materials.
2. $ 360 or about $1.00 a day will help keep rescued girls safe from violent perpetrators. It covers the shelter's security fees per girl, per year. Shelters are under constant threat from the organized crime syndicates that run the brothels and pimps who wish to harm and re-enslave the rescued girls. Your donation will allow girls to rebuild their strength and determination in a secure, loving environment.
3. $ 120 pays for a year provides psychological counseling and rehabilitation to a girl at a shelter in Southeast Asia. Removing a child from a brothel is not a solution in and of itself-your donation will provide the support survivors need to embark on the long and painful journey ahead.
4. $ 120 helps provide a survivor with a year of specialized training in weaving, sewing, salon or other vocational skills that will help her get a job and stay employed.
5. $ 60 pays for a year of ongoing pediatric or medical care for a young survivor of sexual slavery.
Somaly Mam Foundation
PROJECT FUTURES global, a program of the Somaly Mam Foundation, empowers a passionate network of socially-engaged volunteers, activists, and young professionals to raise awareness and funding to combat human trafficking and sex slavery worldwide.
Are you running a race, doing a bike ride, or taking action for the cause in other ways?
Join the team and take action: ride/run/walk for a survivor!
Learn more about members of Voices for Change here.
Take action and join the movement.