BENEFITING: FREE WHEELCHAIR MISSION
ORGANIZER: FREE WHEELCHAIR MISSION
EVENT: Honda LA Marathon 2012
EVENT DATE: Mar 18, 2012
Mileage Tracker: 353
Raising money for Free Wheelchair Mission which is an international non-profit organization that donates special equipped wheelchairs to the disabled and impoverished in under developed countries. For every $63.94 raised, one wheelchair will be donated. Please join me raising $1500 and giving the gift of mobility to 25 people in the world.
It has been a dream of mine to run the LA marathon and represent not only my city,but a life changing cause. I'd like nothing more than to raise those dollars for children and youth in need, I appreciate everyone's support in making this dream reality.
FREE WHEELCHAIR MISSION wrote -
Free Wheelchair Mission - our mission is to provide the transforming gift of mobility to the physically disabled poor in developing countries. Our specially-designed, low-cost, and durable wheelchair is manufactured, shipped, and delivered all over the world. As of October 2011, we have given away over 600,000 wheelchairs in 82 countries worldwide.
2012 is Free Wheelchair Mission's first year with the LA Marathon, and we're excited to be here! FWM works internationally to provide wheelchairs to people with disablities in need around the world - at no cost to the recipient.
How FWM's Race Team Works
Anyone participating in the LA Marathon, 5K, or Charity Half Marathon Relay can become a fundraiser for FWM and help us raise funds for wheelchairs.
Join our team and raise funds on your free fundraising webiste between now and race day.
Every $63.94 you raise means we can give away another wheelchair to someone in need... PLUS you are that much closer to qualifying to have your race registration fee reimbursed! Learn more about how our race team works
- Qualify for race registration fee reimbursement
- Professional half marathon training (for those running in the Charity Half Marathon Relay)
- Free personalized fundraising website
- VIP Dodger Staidum suite party on race day
- Provide mobility to people around the world
- When you raise at least $750, FWM will reimburse your registration fee! (Max $145, checks mailed 4-2-2012).
- Check out the awesome incentives here
Tools & Resources
- You'll have access to your own fundraising coach who will provide you with guidance and support the whole way through
- Check our our instant resources
Team Mobility: Los Angeles Info - http://fwm.kintera.org/losangeles
Organizaion's Official Website- www.freewheelchairmission.org
Organization Facebook: www.facebook.com/freewheelchairmission
Contact - Ariel Rigney email@example.com 949-273-8470 ext 222
Volunteers - Click here to sign up
Click the big orange DONATE button, or go one step further and click the JOIN THE TEAM button and help us fundraise!