BENEFITING: STRAIGHT AHEAD OUTREACH-TAKING BACK YOUR LIFE
Gammy’s Kidz! A new potential project created and to be operated by Straight Ahead Outreach(Taking Back Your Life) Inc. We are seeking funds to make it a reality. Please browse the site and make a generous donation today so we can make Gammy’s a reality.
Because a great deal of the services Straight Ahead Outreach provides already include children, homeless families with children, estranged parents with children or single parents with children, our natural conclusion is to start at the beginning – with the children.
Most of these children stay (live) in low-end motels struggling to understand why they have to live like this. Many parents are struggling to ‘make it’, or intentionally choose to make severe, long-lasting choices in life, placing their children in the middle of those poor choices. Many of these parents are on illegal pills of some kind, doing other drugs or drinking in excess, or yes, are just plain lazy. The parents make their choices, intentionally, and the children have no choice. They are literally dragged along. These children are stuck in the middle and often are not a priority. Their living conditions and oor situations can change at the drop of a shoe. This lifestyle is heartbreaking; the lessons these children learn are hard and confusing for them. Many times these children are without food, a bath, clean clothes, a comfortable bed, a roof over their head or even the presence of a parent. This stress for children today of not knowing if they will have any of these things is growing exponentially. These children need to see, experience, and know that there is safety for them. That there is indeed a different way, a different solution.
For this reason Gammy’s Kidz! was born. It is All About the Kids.
The best way to end homelessness is to prevent it in the first place.
Starting with young minds, open hearts, trusting souls – Pat and Lance’s new focus for Straight Ahead Outreach is “First on the kids, then on the adults.
You can help us make impacts on the children of today so we can prevent future broken relationships, prevent broken homes, prevent drug and alcohol abuse and ultimately prevent homelessness.
Gammy’s Kidz! – Where Memories are Made, Clothes are Clean, and Bellies are Full
Funds are needed to obtain a house (purchase or lease) large enough to sustain these services, and have a commercial kitchen and out buildings. The location will be eitherClearwater, FL (where we already know of a perfect building with what we need as far as the kitchen and out buildings), or it could be located in Knoxville, TN. The funding we are able to raise will determine the location.
1) Mom, Dad or Mom and Dad may come to do their Kidz laundry. All of it, including their bedding. As much or as many times as needed.
2) If needed we will pick up Mom or Dad and the Kidz, or just Mom or Dad, let them do their laundry and return them to their place of residence.
3) Provide a meal or meals for the children as needed. Possibly send home groceries with the family if it is determined it is needed.
4) If needed we will pick up the childrens laundry, wash, dry, fold or hang it and return it if it is determined that the parents simply cannot do it themselves due to medical or employment reasons. (This will be determined only by the Founder or Vice President of Straight Ahead Outreach)
5) If needed we will provide clothing. Clothing may be used or new depending on available funds.
6) If the need is severe we may provide new or used bedding (sheets, blankets etc) funds permitting. (This will be determined only by the Founder or Vice President of Straight Ahead Outreach)
7) If the need is severe we may provide new or used beds, funds permitting. (This will be determined only by the Founder or Vice President of Straight Ahead Outreach)
8) There will be areas for children to play, toys to play with and books to read. When available we will send the young ones home with a stuffed animal as a surprise gift.
9) We also intend to have an onsite Thrift Style store where the general public (and families we help) can make purchases at extremely low prices – which will be used to help support these Services.
10) These services and activities will not be done on a "walk-in" basis. All Services and Activities will be done on a referral basis from local schools, police, and DCS/DCF or other agencies.
At Gammy's Kidz we believe that If you can impress, influence and shape a child’s world in a positive way, maybe their adults will follow.
Without your donations we cannot move forward with this new project.
Please consider a generous gift today.
Thank you, Lance Greene/Founder