BENEFITING: Art Resource Collaborative for Kids
At ARCK we are hoping to reach 132 underserved students at Gardner Pilot Academy and Blackstone School to support theri learning objectives using art as a vehicle
Art Resource Collaborative for Kids (ARCK) is a Boston 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to empowering underserved students. ARCK uses art as a vehicle to reach our students’ greatest creative and academic potential through a unique interdisciplinary curriculum. By working together with classroom teachers to plan and implement curricula, ARCK can leverage visual art instruction to support Literacy and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) learning goals. Rather than creating art in a space apart from academic instruction, ARCK would like to be at the forefront of integrated learning by helping classroom teachers in both schools to develop a fully-articulated STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, ART, Math) curriculum.
Teaching artists are trained in ARCK’s unique curriculum, which is continually evolving to incorporate STEAM components that connect art with science, technology, math, and engineering concepts. There is a strong and consistent focus on making connections with students’ lives, communities, and diverse cultures.
- Offer equal access to interdisciplinary arts education programs – innovative and creative arts education that supports all kinds of learners.
- Support students’ leadership, civic engagement, and social responsibility, allowing them to realize their highest potential while learning their academic subjects.
- Celebrate the diversity of students’ intercultural exchanges, helping to prepare them for now and tomorrow socially, politically, and economically.
- Advocate for and collectively impact the safety and education of our students in partnership with parents, other organizations and elected officials.
- Art supplies for Gardner Pilot Academy and Blackstone Students such as: Scissors, tape, glue, color pencils, markers, duct tape, pencils, sharpeners, erasers, white paper, drawing pads, watercolor paper, acrylic painting paper, clay, crayons, canvases, brushes, construction paper, stationery, 3-D Printer machine
- Other miscellaneous supplies for the classroom: paper towels, water, healthy snacks, cameras, travel expenses, transportation, music speakers, iPad for interactive learning, out-of-class experiences
- Instructor/Teaching Artist Time
- Other Staff Support (admin, etc.)
- A possible collaborative mural or sculpture created by students
With each donation of $500 or more, you will receive a personal handmade card from one of the students whose education experience has been impacted by donators like you!
We know our programs are making a difference in Boston children’s academic engagement, confidence, and social and emotional well-being. As just one example, at Gardner Pilot Academy in Allston, a 5th-grader on the autism spectrum, known to be lacking in confidence, amazed her teachers and peers by taking the lead in an onstage presentation of artwork she created in ARCK’s program.
With your donation we can continue to develop our STEAM curriculum and our signature high-quality art education programs, as well as plan for sustained growth and expansion. It truly does take a village, and you will help create a better community for all.
The Team: $0 TOTAL RAISED SO FARJOIN THE TEAM
Want to help Fundraise or Volunteer for this amazing Fundraiser? Join the Team