The Launch of Gazillion Strong
Organized by: Kevin Vollmers
[Update: Gazillion Strong is now officially a nonprofit organization. It received its 501(c)(3) paperwork from the IRS.]
Mission: Gazillion Strong, the non-profit counterpart to Land of Gazillion Adoptees, LLC, is dedicated to the development of resources and tools that aid marginalized communities, such as adopted people, foster alums, immigrants, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ, to speak and advocate for themselves and others.
Dear LGA Nation,
Gazillion Strong, the nonprofit, program focused counterpart to Land of Gazillion Adoptees, is now in the all important, initial fundraising phase to get the organization off of the ground. For this part of the process to succeed, Gazillion Strong needs your financial support.
Many of you have followed Land of Gazillion Adoptees for quite some time. In fact, some of you have been with LGA since the beginning when it was a fledgling blog. You were there when the “little blog that could” became Gazillion Voices – an award winning magazine. You’ve been there as the LGA Facebook and Twitter pages have helped expand the adoption discourse. You’ve watched LGA, in conjunction with its business partner CQT Media and Publishing, release multiple books. And now, as Gazillion Strong prepares to launch, we hope all of you will become an active partner of the organization by offering whatever financial support you can through Crowdrise.
Crowdrise is an easy way for Gazillion Strong to receive donations as the organization waits for its nonprofit paperwork to be cleared, and an easy way to keep track of your contact information so that we can give you a gift receipt at the end of the year for your taxes. After Gazillion Strong has received the official 501(c)(3) status and its website has been developed, the organization will take donations through the website, which will be user friendly. Also, at that point we’ll be using GiveMN as well.
[Note: All of the funds received through this campaign will go directly into the Gazillion Strong account, NOT my personal account.]
What will the funding be used for?
Below are the Gazillion Strong funding priorities. You can designate your gift if you wish:
• Unrestricted giving to help cover administrative expenses. (As much as I would like to, I can't work for free, especially since I've used a lot of my personal capital to fund Land of Gazillion Adoptees, Gazillion Voices, and now Gazillion Strong.)
• Funding to develop the organization’s website, which will be created in conjunction with the new website for Land of Gazillion Adoptees.
• Gazillion Voices: The magazine is now a program of Gazillion Strong, and we are looking to fund each section of the magazine to help expand them.
• The Skin Issue Exhibit: The exhibit is slated to travel to New York, Oregon, and Oakland, and it will expand to include other individuals.
• Pilot teen video production program that will put the power of the camera in the hands of teens in the adoptee, foster care, immigrant, and LGBTQ communities.
• Pilot multidisciplinary storytelling program that will connect world class artists with teens in the adoptee, foster care, immigrant, and LGBTQ communities.
• Events: Gazillion Strong will be hosting events throughout the country. They will feature/highlight individuals from the adoptee, foster care, immigrant, and LGBTQ communities.
The Last Pitch
When I started Land of Gazillion Adoptees, I set out to do my small part to show the world that it was the adoptees’ time. Now, through Gazillion Strong, it's time to show the world that adoptees and those who share similar experiences can do much, much more in adoption and beyond. And to accomplish that, Gazillion Strong needs you, and I hope you will partner with the organization, its board of directors, and me on this exciting endeavor.
With warm regards,
Kevin Haebeom Vollmers
Founder, Land of Gazillion Adoptees
Executive Director, Gazillion Strong