"Have Fun and Save Lives"!! Join us for a fun day Standup Paddling (SUP) together at Harbour Towne Beach, Muskegon, Michigan in support of the local Affiliate of Susan G Komen.
UPDATE - July 9, 2015 - ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSED! We have been happily overwhelmed with your generosity and enthusiasm Muskegon but at this point we're sold out of pink standup jerseys and goodie bags so we have opted to close online registration.
Walk up Registration will still be open at 8:00 am Saturday Morning and we will be able to provide you with the official wrist band that entitles you to lunch, beer and wine garden, paddling, breast cancer screening and all our festivities during the day! All we ask is that you bring your patience and sport a smile.
And our on-line donation site is still live! Please consider donating directly or to your favorite local team to help us fund breast cancer screening for women in need in West Michigan. Every dollar helps us save lives!
Congratulations Muskegon for hosting the biggest standup paddleboard event in the Midwest, and one of the top 5 biggest events in the Country!
Day of Details:
We have professional SUP instructors, fun races, paddle boards to demo or purchase, happy hour beer, wine and a delicious lunch all lined up for you. You can also get a free breast or skin cancer exam with the friendly doctors & nurses from Radiology Muskegon & Hackley Community Health. Win great prizes, check out the partner expo and silent uuction and rock out to the live music - there's somethng for everyone
Remember - net proceeds from the event benefit Susan G. Komen Michigan's West Michigan service area (Kent, Ottawa, Newaygo, Muskegon and Montcalm counties) and will be used to fund life-saving breast health programs like the current one at Hackley Community Care!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 8 AM - onsite registration (Last chance) opens
- Sign up for the SUP Clinic, your Breast or Skin Screening Exam at the Radiology Muskegon PC Health Expo
- Place your Tickets in the baskets for your prize at Drawing
- Bid on the SUP Boards and other amazing items at the Silent Auction
- Shop in the Expo for new fun products
- Visit the Ambry Counselors to learn about your genetics and your risks for cancer
- 9 AM - The SUP Clinics begin for all levels of instruction - SUP Yoga Clinic and Demonstration
- 9:30 AM - : The Health Expo for Breast and Skin Screening Clinics opens
- 9:45 AM - Registration closes
- 10:00 AM - The Hawaiian Blessing of our Breast Cancer Survivors. The “Pu” conch signifying the mass launch for the “Sea of Pink”. CALLING ALL SURVIVORS!!! YOU are welcome to join in this celebration of life!
- 10:30 - Advanced (5K) and Intermediate (2.5K) Races
- 11 AM - Kids' Races
- 11:30 AM - Team Relay Races The Michelob Ultra Happy Hour begins! Featuring Live Music with “Skee-Town Stylee”
- Noon - The Silent Auction Closes (Quickly place your last bids)
- 12:30 - Lunch is served (Thanks to Hab's for all the good eats n' treats!)
- 2 PM - Awards' Ceremony for the Races and Top Fundraisers
- After party at Docker's!!
- Download a PDF of the full schedule here
- Bring cash or credit card for shopping at the expo, bidding on great prizes, donations, etc.
- Bring a towel and a change of clothes... you'll probably get a little wet
- Bring your photo ID. Without it you won't be able to take part in the fantastic beer garden with MIchelob Ultra and Barefoot Wine
- Boards and paddles are available on a first come - first serve basis. Please share them! We are determined to get everyone in the water (that wants to go in the water that is).
- Bring a Personal Flotation Device (PFD). The Coast Guard requires them!
- If you have boards to share, please bring them