BENEFITING: Animal Place
The animals at Animal Place need to get weighed but especially Wyatt the turkey who is too large to be carried by staff for a weigh-in. He needs an accessible scale to stride upon and show off to everyone on.
The scale is $400 - fancy pants! We only need 40 of you fine Wyatt-loving folk to donate $10 and achieve victory!
Here is how your $10 gift will help:
* Save Wyatt the indignity of being hoisted up into human arms so said human can stand on a scale.
* Save said human the back ache caused by picking up a 40 lb turkey for a weigh-in.
* Safely and humanely allows us to keep track of Wyatt and other big-boy turkeys' weight so we don't over-feed them (which will shorten their life - your gift lengthens their lives!)
* Allows us to keep track of Marigold piglet's weight so she gets the right amount of food to keep her healthy and happy (Marigold insists 40 million apples is an appropriate treat amount).
* Increases our ability to weigh animals like Alice sheep and Laura goat who we can't physically pick up - this fancy-pants scale is set up so that animals can walk on it (which we hope they'll gladly do for some treats).
A change in weight can be one of the first signs of poor health and this scale will allow us to start treatments or modify diet immediately.
Join in and get Wyatt weighed!
(As a reward for donating, you will be the FIRST to know Wyatt's exact weight and receive a picture of him on the scale! Super awesome, I know!)