GG Camp is a week-long overnight Camp for adults (ages 18+) who have intellectual disabilities that are served by Orange Grove Center. The location of GG Ranch is in Soddy Daisy, TN. Campers arrive on Sunday afternoon and stay through Friday morning. Throughout the week, the campers engage in activities such as arts & crafts, sports & games, horseback riding, canoeing, swimming, a talent show and a dance. All meals are provided along with nursing services to ensure dietary and medical needs are met. Campers can expect a fun, relaxing week and an opportunity to make memories that will last a lifetime.
GG Camp is a long-standing tradition for Orange Grove Center, and the individuals we serve, with some campers attending for well over 50 years! But as time goes by, the cost of producing GG Camp rises causing the camper fee to increase. Many of our campers are finding themselves unable to attend due to budgetary restraints.
The Recreation Department at Orange Grove is hoping to develop a sustainable scholarship fund for GG Camp to assist campers with financial assistance in paying their registration fee.
GG Camp is self-sufficient meaning that our camper fees pay for the entire week.
Please consider making a donation to the GG Camp Scholarship Fund today!
Here's a rundown of some costs:
- $150 is the fee for a day camper to come the entire week.
- $250 is the average cost of an Arts & Crafts project for a day.
- $350 can help pay for the entire camp to eat one meal.
- $500 is the week fee for an overnight camper.
- $750 buys us necessary medical supplies.
- $1,000 buys camping supplies such as flashlights and sunscreen.
- $3,000 will cover the camper fee for an entire cabin (6 campers)!
- $5,000 feeds the ENTIRE camp for the whole week!
- $30,000 covers all costs for one week of GG Camp.
About the Department of Therapeutic Recreation:
The mission of Orange Grove Center is to recognize, support and celebrate the qualities of the individuals we serve who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Department of Therapeutic Recreation maintains this principle throughout the variety of recreation and physical activity opportunities provided. Participants can improve their physical and cognitive abilities, boost their social skills, increase independence and confidence, and enhance overall quality of life. Promotion of health and wellness and the elimination of barriers to participation in activity is the core focus of all programming.