BENEFITING: PLANETA FELIZ INC
We need funds to build and develop an innovative training center in Anse-a-pitre, Haiti with the goal of teaching media and technology-based skills to those living in the community. Through our state-of-the-art personal and web-based model we will be training some of the community’s most promising young and adult media professionals. These women and men will be the country’s next generation of journalists, designers, filmmakers, writers, and web-people. The center will also host a media and book library.
How does it work?
- The GIDMT will be located on the Special Academic Institution Ananda Marga (AMSAI) in the community of Anse-a-pitre, Haiti
- The school children will need to take at least 1 hour of computer classes per week as part of their curriculum
- In the afternoon (after class), adults and young adults, will take basic courses such as typewriting, word processing, email management, etc. as well as vocational courses/training
- After the course is completed and a participation certificate/diploma is awarded, the participants/recipients will need to teach/help another participant as part of the project requirements
- 33x18 room with A/C unit and/or fans
- Solar panels, inverter and batteries (electrical set-up)
- 10 computers/laptops (2 back-up)
- 2 tablets (iPads) + chargers
- 1 3-in-1 printer/scanner/copier w/ extra ink cartridges
- 3 hard drives
- Projector + screen
- Software: Web-based app (Google docs, etc.)
- Supplies: paper for printer/notes, pencils, pens, ink, tape, sharpies, stapler, etc.
- High-speed Internet Connection via USB Wireless Drives
- Security person/guardian