BENEFITING: Girls Empowerment Network
One girl at a time, we can turn “I’m so fat” or “I’m so ugly” to “I am beautiful because of who I am, not how I look.”
Girl-by-Girl Scholarship Program:
- $36 to provide 1 girl with a skill building high impact workshop (Girl Talk Workshops)
- $72 to provide 1 middle school girl with a month of afterschool programming (clubGEN)
- $144 to provide 1 girl in great need with 8 weeks of interventionary support programming (The 180 Program)
- $320 to provide 1 elementary aged girl with a full week of intensive summer programming (Summer Camp)
Evaluation results prove that girls who are very engaged with our long-term programming – 8 hours or more – have higher rates of school attendance and are less likely to get into trouble.
90% of girls who attend 8 or more hours of GENaustin’s services:
- Have better body image than their peers
- Gain effective relationship skills
- Learn decision-making skills for their futures
- Have a group where they know they belong
<< clubGEN Spotlight: meet our Fulmore clubGEN girls!
Program Coordinator Claudia Garate has built a supportive environment where girls get to explore what really matters to them—like creating healthy friendships, breaking down negative media messages, and practicing assertive communication.
Please consider sponsoring one of the thousands of central Texas girls who are in need of access to programs like clubGEN at Fulmore Middle.
*Your donation is 100% tax deductible
*100% of your donation goes towards scholarships
Visit www.GENaustin.org to learn more about the programs GEN offers.