Will you consider giving a scholarship that will give a girl access to GEN's social emotional programs?
A recent study of girls ages 3-6 shows that nearly 50% of them were already worried about their weight. Three-fourths of girls with low self-esteem engage in harmful activities, such as disordered eating, bullying, smoking, cutting or drinking.
Girls who attend GEN's long-term services:
- Have better body image than their peers
- Gain effective relationship skills
- Learn decision-making skills for their futures
- Have a group where they know they belong
Girl-by-Girl Scholarship Campaign:
- $36 to provide 1 girl with a skill building high impact workshop
- $72 to provide 1 middle school girl with a month of afterschool programs
- $144 to provide 1 girl in great need with 8 weeks of intervention programs
- $320 to provide 1 elementary aged girl with 1 week of summer camp
Girls Empowerment Network reaches more than 13,000 people a year, and 95% of our programs are at no cost to participants. Please consider giving a girl access to our high-impact programs.
Your donation is 100% tax deductible. All of your donation goes towards scholarships. Visit www.GENaustin.org to learn more.
Thank you for helping us provide empowering programs in our community, girl by girl.