HELP NEEDED : DISABLED MILITARY FAMILY EMERGENCY MOVE
Organized by: Alessandra of Homefront Hugs USA
Alessandra of Homefront Hugs USA via Crowdrise
August 08, 2014
EVENT DATE Jul 25, 2014
What is the emergency?
This week is critical now and we hope to raise what is needed by the end of this weekend ... Please help fundraise even if you cannot help yourself .
A disabled military Mom and her son are being evicted from their home of 3 years by a wealthy landlord company unfairly due to mother asking management to abide by expensive lease which included snow removal in winter. They need our help as finding a home has been difficult,and now the move is extremely costly due to mother's disability and current health and the help they need to pack, move and.... move their entire organization Homefront Hugs USA for our heroes that they have always operated from home.
- As a result of landlord not abiding by lease, this US Air Force family had a huge apartment flood due to snow not being removed,then a serious fall ,and then harassment and eviction for complaining to management and asking for snow to be removed better to avoid further falls .
- In Michigan, any landlord can end a lease and evict without reason even though you are a responsible paying tenant for 3 years plus in this case .
- For the last 3 months, this military mother has been trying to handle this crisis of eviction on her own - trying to reason with this unethical multi-million dollar company and explaining their home is also headquarters from where they help thousands of troops and veterans. This only fell on deaf ears. She has also tried to appeal to the HUD for help due to discrimination but they must still move and HUD investigations take years.
- This US Air Force family has always run Homefront Hugs out of their home , never taking a penny in 14 years for their volunteer work ,and even with this crisis , continued their missions for our wounded & deployed veterans .
- Their website is at http://HomefrontHugs.org should you wish to adopt a hero,military family or volunteer in any way from anywhere in the world or even donate to their missions directly for troops and veterans. (We are keeping this account separate from the Homefront Hugs website so that monies for troops and veterans are not confused with these funds to help the founders/family with this emergency move in just a few days now )
- The Kellermanns and Homefront Hugs have been awarded 1st prize national volunteer award from the Points of Light Foundation in 2007. They also received the Four Chaplains Award for their continuous philosophy and work of inclusion and tolerance ,support without conditions for all who serve .
- The Kellermanns are also a proud Jewish/Catholic American family whose grandfather helped prosecute the Nazis at Nuremberg - Dr.Henry J.Kellermann. This heritage motivates founder Alessandra Kellermann as she has always advocated for the rights of others especially our veterans and our disabled population understanding the issues especially being disabled herself and a military family.
- Last few years have been very tough,as the son's father, just lost his battle with brain cancer last year after 25 years of military service, A-10 pilot . Alessandra is positively trying to think of this as a fresh start for her son especially after the death of his father,in a new home.... if we can all help. They have no choice as they must move this coming week .
What is exactly needed ?
Any financial donation you can spare and sharing this with others. You will be helping not only this military family, but helping this wonderful organization continue without any more bumps to serve our troops and veterans who rely on Homefront Hugs for serious support all year long. Anything past the goal will be used for monthly wounded and deployed veteran needs as the Kellermanns will never take advantage of your generosity .
What will the money be used for?
- Cost of movers and packers for the family's belongings as mother is disabled and unable to lift more than 10 pounds and currently health is fragile due to injury from a bad fall which injured three of her vertebrae and teen son just severely sprained both his ankles playing soccer .
- Packing and transferring of all supplies and care packages for Homefront Hugs to its new national headquarters...which will still be their home to keep overhead costs low.
- Cost of transferring and printing new publications, business cards,brochures, and materials for new address for Homefront Hugs USA which they have always operated out of their home as they receive no salaries or compensation and do not want to ask for any or for overhead costs - our veterans and troops deserve all there is collected .
Thank you for caring .
Our troops and veterans have relied on this dedicated,inclusive non-political organization of Homefront Hugs since 9-11. The family has run Homefront Hugs without any compensation.
Together we can help them move this coming week smoothly with all the assistance this family needs for the move in the same town and transfer of their entire organization of Homefront Hugs USA to the same home as well, so no hero is forgotten...(their motto).
Please help this military family move with the assistance they need and continue Homefront Hugs missions without any more hardship by making a donation today.
Thank you so much for taking the time to remind them they are not forgotten either.
( This was written by a long time supporter of Homefront Hugs and Alessandra and her son as the family felt more comfortable if someone who knew them well summarized their crisis right now . It is difficult for them to accept help but they know they have no choice right now. The famIly is extremely grateful as this has been a very tough few months and they will pay it forward as they always have . )