BENEFITING: JOURNEY 4 A CURE
EVENT DATE: Aug 25, 2011
Journey4ACure recently launched iPads4Cancer, a new program dedicated to changing lives by delivering the gift of an iPad to children battling cancer. Since the launch of our program, we have received many applications from deserving children who wish to receive an iPad. In an effort to be able to accommodate these initial requests, we are hosting a raffle to give away a free iPad2 to one of you (our supporters) to raise money to purchase iPads for the program.
what |a raffle to benefit the iPads4Cancer program
when | now until September 30th
how | only $20 for entry. you may enter as many times as you wish.
why? | because children battling cancer deserve it!
All donations will go directly to Journey4ACure to support the iPads4Cancer program. Please use a recognizable name to donate. We are grateful for anonymous contributions but those entries are ineligible for the raffle.
Raffle ends at 5:00 EST on Friday, September 30th . The winner will be selected using Random.org and will take place at 6 PM EST. (we might try to host the drawing LIVE if possible!?)
- Entrants are bound by the rules laid out on this page.
- Journey4ACure and iPads4Cancer reserve the right to cancel the contest and revoke the drawing should ticket sales not reach a minimum of 50. Should the drawing be cancelled, refunds for tickets will be issued upon request.
- Journey4ACure is a 501(c)3 non-profit, publicly supported organization. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
- iPad will arrive as one brand new, unopened 32GB iPad2.
- The new owner must set up a an iTunes account, and install any apps.
- Entrants must be both (1) a legal resident of the United States and (2) at least eighteen (18) years old.
- Entrants are responsible for any federal, state, county or other local income taxes.
- We cannot accept entries before or after the eligibility period. We are not responsible for lost or misdirected entries.
- Winners are responsible for confirming notification and providing a valid U.S. mailing address within 72 hours. If winners do not contact us within the 72 hour time frame, we will select an alternate winner. We are not responsible for winners' lost or misdirected emails, tweets, or Facebook messages.
iPads4Cancer is a program created to change lives by delivering the gift of an iPad or iPod Touch to children battling cancer. Children who are battling cancer spend most, if not all, of their time in the hospital being treated. They are isolated from friends and family and are often forced to miss a significant amount of school. The goal of the iPads4Cancer program is to offer a tool that will allow children to communicate with friends and family outside of the hospital, to utilize built-in apps to stimulate their learning and keep them on grade level, and, most importantly, have FUN! Each iPad will be delivered equipped with a variety of age and/or grade appropriate apps that are selected based on each child's individual needs, likes and personality.
It is our hope that the simple gift of an iPad will provide some happiness to a child who has had their childhood experience compromised by the devastation that is cancer.