Kenya Relief wrote -
What we do!
KenyaRelief.org provided key services for those in need.
• Brittney’s Home of Grace provides a safe and loving home for 168 orphaned and vulnerable children.
• Brase Clinic has treated 115,000 patients and performed more than 10,000 surgical procedures. Many of the best doctors and nurses from the US and abroad serve on 22 mission teams annually.
• Kenya Relief Academy is our K-7 school with 470 students. We employ exceptional teachers and offer a one-of-a-kind computer program. In less than three years, KRA is recognized as one of the premier schools in Southwest Kenya.
• Sponsor a child.
• Join a short-term mission team, including surgical, teaching, ministry and construction teams.
• Volunteer services, stateside or abroad, in our orphanages, schools or hospitals.
The story behind the mission
After seeing a Christian Children’s Fund commercial in 1998, 16 year old Brittney James decided she wanted to sponsor a young Kenyan boy named
Newton. For three years, she made monthly sponsorship payments. She aspired
to one day make a trip to Kenya to meet Newton.
But on Sept. 14, 2001, Brittney was found dead in her offff-campus apartment
at the age of 19. Their lives broken and wrecked, her parents, Steve & Greta,
decided to do something she would have wanted to do in memory of her. God laid it on their hearts to meet her sponsored child, and 6 months later Steve set out for Kenya to meet Newton.
Just prior to his departure, Steve added another item to his to-do list. After contacting a local hospital in Migori, Kenya, Steve decided he would use his gifts as a nurse anesthetist while in Kenya. Wanting to help as much as he could, he also collected a pallet full of supplies and equipment and flew to Kenya.
Seeing the need firsthand, what Steve witnessed was worse than what he had imagined. He was blown away by the amount of pain and suffering he saw in this community. He realized God was calling him to make a change and leave a legacy of hope in Western Kenya.
Steve and Greta started KenyaRelief.org,a faith-based organization that partners with others to make a difference in the world by sharing the love of Jesus Christ through physical, mental, and emotional aid.
The birth of KenyaRelief.org is a testimony to one life leaving a lasting impact in the world; Brittney left her mark on the world, Steve is leaving his, and so can you.
It starts with one person!