A gift to Music Hall is a gift to the New Detroit.
Detroit is moving into the future with a whole new vision. Music Hall represents what that vision is all about.
- $100+ Subscription to a Series of Your Choice
- $500+ Party in the Jazz Cafe (dates subject to availability)
- $750+ 2 Tickets & Meet and Greet with AndersonPonty Band
- $1,000+ Private Party on the 3Fifty Terrace (dates subject to availability)
Please contact the Music Hall at (313) 887-8500 with any questions about our incentives.
Music Hall is leading by example as an inclusive cultural hub of creative energy that resonates with people of all nationalities. Its unique spark, culturally diverse line-up and safe haven nurtures patrons and future artists. Its 5 education programs and welcoming community inspires and impacts each visitor with an unique experience that lingers as they interact with their life, job and community.
Music Hall’s continued community development is what this prospectus is all about. It is time to strengthen what is happening everyday - the growing renewal of Detroit as a leader within the cultural space.
Music Hall earned its nickname as “The People’s Theatre” because of its dedication to ALL of our region’s citizens and their well being. Investing in Music Hall is investing in the new Detroit.
With your help, this campaign will enable Music Hall to continue to provide and expand programming and its service to the community. More importantly, it will also improve an institution that has served the Detroit community since 1928 and has come to embody the character of our diverse mix of cultures.
Join the list of visionary and dedicated philanthropists by contributing to the financial infusion which enables Music Hall to expand its vision of the new Detroit.
With Your Help:
Music Hall can increase its working capital and double the capacity of its in classroom music, dance and theatre education programs in the Detroit Public Schools.
Elevator and Staircase
- The new elevator and staircase, to be located on the west side of the Music Hall building will provide direct elevator access to the popular 3Fifty Terrace rooftop venue, a fire escape that meets the most modern codes
- The new elevator tower will increase Music Hall’s storefront and perception in the community. With over 19 million cars a year on Madison Avenue, the increased scale of Music Hall will stand out as one of Detroit’s most important landmarks.
Sound and Lighting Equipment
- Music Hall must rent much of its stage sound and lighting equipment for its main stage performances because it does not have in-house inventory. If Music Hall invested in its own equipment, it would save significant rental costs. In addition, it could generate additional revenue by renting its equipment to promoters who rent the theatre.
Jazz Café Kitchen
- Music Hall’s Jazz Café is an extraordinary venue, but an extremely limited kitchen facility has limited its potential. This project will provide a kitchen facility and the necessary appliances for the Jazz Café chefs and caterers to produce first quality cuisine at Music Hall
Sound Isolation for Jazz Café and Main Stage
- Sound isolation on the main lobby landings will enable Music Hall to stage events on both the Main Stage and in the Jazz Café simultaneously. This will enable the Jazz Café to be open during main stage events and increase the number of performances and revenues in all three venues of the Music Hall.
- Provide Additional Opportunities for Local Artists
- Detroit’s legendary history of providing the world with performing arts excellence begins with venues like Music Hall providing the local artists the platform for discovery
- Add More and Better Marketed Performances
- More performances and increase its outreach with marketing efforts
- Support Additional Original Productions
- Increased support of original theatrical creations that provide jobs to hundreds of musicians, actors, designers and technicians not only here in Detroit but on tour all over the world
- Attract Additional National and Internationally Acclaimed Artists in the Main Hall and Jazz Cafe
- The ability to attract even more extraordinary performers to this national landmark building, one of Detroit’s historic architectural treasures