Nicole Siembor wrote -
When children are removed from their biological parent’s home and care by Children’s Protective Services or the Police due to child abuse or neglect, they generally do not have time to pack their clothing and favorite toys and belongings. It is a very traumatic time for the children who range in age from newborn infants to youth under 18 years of age.
Our goal is to make this transition from their family to a foster family as supportive as possible by supporting DA Blodgett here in Grand Rapids this next month in donations, and packing care bags for these kids. These are going to all local kids in need and we are focusing on the largest need age group 6-10 years old.
- Any businesses that have samples they could donate for those would be great as well.
- Business donations for prize drawings
- Business and Individuals to donate items for the care bags
- Business and Individuals to donate money for us to shop with the week of the event to get the items for the bags
- Donations for printing costs of flyers and posters Individuals to come to the event as volunteers.
Suggested Items for ages 6-10 boys and girls
- 2 pair socks (or package)
- 2 pair underwear (or package) (older boys prefer boxers)
- sweat suit or pajamas
- the backpacks or duffel bags themselves
- feminine hygiene products for teenage girls
- age appropriate toy, stuffed animal, game or other fun item
to help pack the bags and make the cards at the event November 21st from 1-4 pm at the Kumon Math & Reading Center, 4318 Plainfield Avenue, Suite A, Grand Rapids, MI.
Share it on your social media, tell everyone you know.
Drop Off Locations
5278 Kalamazoo Ave SE 49508
3150 28th St SW,
Grandville, MI 49418
Kumon Math & Reading Center
4318 Plainfield Avenue, Suite A,
Grand Rapids, MI.
Someone from DA Blodgett will be there at the event to talk to people about the program, foster care, adoption, big brothers big sisters and several other programs to get involved.