BENEFITING: GLOBAL ABILITIES FOUNDATION
EVENT DATE: Nov 20, 2016
Races are a great way for all people to connect with their communities while being physically active, however, persons with disabilities face many barriers to participation. Global Abilities Foundation was established to help persons with disabilities integrate into their communities. Through recreation, persons with disabilities improve physical fitness, develop social supports, and gain the self-confidence and motivation needed to return to school, gain employment, and become active in their communities. Proceeds benefit Global Abilities Foundation programs:
- Provide adaptive sports programs for persons with disabilities
- Educate fitness trainers and coaches on methods to develop more inclusive programming and increase access for all.
- See the Abilities WOD here
- Host a free annual adaptive recreation festival (“Rec Fest”) for persons with disabilities to learn more about adaptive sports programs, resources, and services.
- See more about Rec Fest here
Contributions also help fund costs associated with RecFest (approximately $20,000), costs of sports wheelchairs ($7,000 each), and costs of racing wheelchairs ($3,000 each).
For more information, visit our website