BENEFITING: UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
ORGANIZER: Team Global/Cultural
Team Global/Cultural Awareness wrote -
The University of Michigan's School of Information is committed to promoting global and cultural awareness in a myriad of ways. These awareness efforts include Alternative Spring Break, a service-oriented trip which provides a life changing opportunity for UMSI's undergraduate and graduate students.
Students will be traveling to Washington DC, Detroit, Chicago and New York to volunteer their time and skills to various projects that will have significant impact upon global and cultural awareness. Project examples include:
- The Digitizing Detroit Initiative at the Detroit Historical Society
- Website Usability for Prospective Volunteers at the Peace Corps
- Green Map Development at the Green Map System in NYC
- Collections Search Evaluation at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in DC
- and many more meaningful projects!