Help me raise $1000 by December 31 for Big Class! Anything you give before October 1st will be matched dollar for dollar by 826 National.
A few incentives:
- If you donate anything at all, you will get a personalized thank you note from me.
- If you donate $25 or more, you'll receive all of the previous incentives, plus I will create a dropcap letter of your choosing and mail it to you.
- If you donate $50 or more, you'll receive all of the previous incentives, plus I'll incorporate three of your favorite things (specified by you) into a piece of mail art and send it to you.
- If you donate $100 or more, you'll receive all of the previous incentives, plus I'll make you a ceramic mug.
- If you donate $200 or more, you'll receive all of the previous incentives, plus I'll make you a three more ceramic mugs (for a set of 4), a serving bowl, OR a medium planting pot.
Be sure to leave your name (or contact me by email if you'd prefer to remain anonymous) so I can communicate with you about your incentives!
When I moved to New Orleans last year and began working from home, I longed for a local community to embed myself in--somewhere I could get to know other creative people in my city and work with them toward a common goal. Big Class became that community for me.
Big Class volunteers are some of the most interesting people I have met in New Orleans, and together we support young writers in the city. Whether it's a writing workshop during the school day or an after school session at Open Studio, Big Class volunteers are committed to showing youth in New Orleans that they have a voice. The opportunity to support and uplift young artists who have a lot to say is truly a gift, and I think of my work with Big Class as a way to pay back all the artists, writers, and mentors who supported and uplifted me and my work when I was young.
Now, thanks to 826 National, Big Class has an opportunity to make a permanent, unique, inspiring youth writing center possible. Find out more here: http://bigclass.org/seed-grow-thrive-sustainability-campaign/