BENEFITING: GLOBAL OUTREACH AND LOVE OF SOCCER (GOALS Haiti)
GLOBAL OUTREACH AND LOVE OF SOCCER (GOALS Haiti) wrote -
Give $10 + ask 10 friends to help GOALS win $50,000!
This is a unique opportunity for GOALS and we need your help! Specifically, we need your $10 and 10 friends in order to win $2500 and up to $50,000!
Here's how it works: GOALS is competing with just a handful of other organizations in the Crowdrise Life is Good challenge until December 2. We need as many people as possible to donate $10 in order to win $2500 to $50,000.
Can we do it? Yes! But we need your help! Please donate $10 and ask 10 friends (or 9 friends and 1 frenemy...) to donate $10 (and ask ten of their friends, too!).
New to GOALS? GOALS uses soccer in Haiti to develop communities in Haiti following this simple philosophy:
- First, in order to play soccer, kids need a safe, clean, and healthy environment. GOALS responds by organizing soccer teams to clean up litter in public areas, plant trees and recycle old materials by reusing them for new projects.
- Second, kids can’t play soccer without strong, healthy bodies, so GOALS helps teams plant vegetable gardens, invests in local food production through our community bakery, provides a daily meal for youth and clean drinking water for families and improves community health by hosting mobile clinics and health seminars.
- Third, soccer teams need coaches and team captains who are strong leaders and role models, and opportunities for advancement. GOALS provides school tuition assistance programs for youth and professional development for local staff, empowering and mobilizing communities to develop their own projects to improve shelter, leadership, and infrastructure.
Why support GOALS?
- Community involvement: GOALS partners with and invests directly in Haitian communities. 17 out of 19 staff members are local Haitian community members who identify needs and solutions.
- We're different: While hundreds of organizations operate in Haiti, GOALS is one of only a handful which are locally led, permanent, and independent of religious belief.
- Gender inclusive: GOALS invests equally in boys and girls; Half of our players (and 47% of our staff!) are female. Also, this.
- Impact: GOALS is committed to making the maximum impact possible, while keeping administrative costs low. In fact, we didn't even have an office for several years - we worked in an outdoor gazebo and ran for cover when it rained! Our Facebook page is updated daily, so you can always see how your donations are used to change lives in Haiti every single day.
Want to donate even more?
- $20: Provides peanut butter sandwiches from the GOALS bakery for our "Guppies" kids soccer team for a week
- $35: Buys school books for one scholarship student for the year
- $50: Ships a box of soccer gear to Haiti
- $100: Buys flour, butter and salt to bake bread for the GOALS community bakery for one week
Fundraising is challenging for GOALS, since we spend all of our time in Haiti operating programs, but it's a necessary part of continuing our work.
On behalf of our dedicated local staff, our hundreds of participants and their families, a huge thank you for believing in and investing in a better future for Haiti.