BENEFITING: Golden House Inc
DONATE & YOU COULD WIN the Purple Purse Giveaway with Golden House. Give:
- $25 or more: Recieve an entry to win the 2017 limited edition Purple Purse designed by Serena Williams
Golden House provides safety and support to victims of domestic abuse in Brown County, Wisconsin while leading community efforts to end domestic violence.
Golden House is a comprehensive domestic violence program responding to the needs of victims in our community. Through trauma-informed practices and strength-based advocacy, we build relationships with survivors helping them find the skills and tools they need to lead lives free of abuse.
Every year Golden House provides intervention and support services to more than 1300 victims of domestic abuse and their families. These services include:
- 24-hour telephone helpline
- individual crisis counseling
- support groups for women and children
- mental health therapy
- a continuum of housing programs including emergency shelter
These services build strength, confidence, and hope so survivors can say:
"I learned to trust myself."
"I feel worthy again."
"The groups reassured me that I wasn't alone and forced me to see the good in my days."
"I found the old me again."
Your donations make it all possible.
- $285-- secures a safe home for a survivor
- $115-- protects a victim with a restraining order
- $50-- provides one hour of safety planning
- $25-- provides one risk assessment & education session