BENEFITING: Golden House Inc
Golden House wrote -
THREE WAYS TO ENTER TO WIN the Purple Purse Giveaway with Golden House:
- Earn one entry when you join the Golden House team.
- Earn one entry when someone donates through your Crowdrise page.
- Earn one entry when you donate online to Golden House through the Purple Purse Challenge.
Golden House provides safety and support to victims of domestic abuse in Brown County, Wisconsin while leading community efforts to end domestic violence.
Golden House is a comprehensive domestic violence program responding to the needs of victims in our community. Through trauma-informed practices and strength-based advocacy, we build relationships with survivors helping them find the skills and tools they need to lead lives free of abuse.
Every year Golden House provides intervention and support services to more than 1300 victims of domestic abuse and their families. These services include
- 24-hour telephone helpline
- individual crisis counseling
- legal and personal advocacy
- support groups for women and children
- mental health therapy
- transportation assistance
- a continuum of housing programs including temporary emergency shelter
These services build strength, confidence, and hope so survivors can say:
"I learned to trust myself."
"I feel worthy again."
"The groups reassured me that I wasn't alone and forced me to see the good in my days."
"I found the old me again."
Your donations make it all possible.
$250-- helps a family create a new home with a security deposit
$100-- comforts a victim with interpretive language services
$50-- protects a victim with a restraining order
$25-- shares independance through a bus pass or gas card