BENEFITING: THE FIRST TEE OF GREATER WASHINGTON, DC
ORGANIZER: THE FIRST TEE OF GREATER WASHINGTON, DC
EVENT DATE: Aug 11, 2014
THE FIRST TEE OF GREATER WASHINGTON wrote -
THE GOLF-A-THON IS ORGANIZED BY THE YOUNG PROFESSIONALS COUNCIL AND ALL FUNDS RAISED BENEFIT THE FIRST TEE OF GREATER WASHINGTON, D.C.
WHAT IS A GOLF-A-THON?
- Golfers independently pledge to play a certain number of holes in one day. Every golfer’s goal is to generate money for The First Tee of Greater Washington, D.C. by obtaining sponsors who will pledge money for every hole played.
- Speed golf is the order of the day. Scores in a marathon are not important. However, every marathon golfer must play his or her ball into the cup on every hole. Some players will keep scores for every round and others will not.
- The rules of golf and golf etiquette should be observed.
- Junior golfers in The First Tee program who are “course ready” will participate in the Golf-A-Thon.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Participants in the golf marathon will not be charged an entry fee, provided that they raise at least $400 in pledges for participation.
- Visit the www.firstteedc.org/golfathon
- Create a fundraiser on Crowdrise.com/golfathon
- Have family and friends pledge your goal
- Get ready to golf-a-thon!
Day of Activities
The Golf-A-Thon will be a festival atmosphere, with participants enjoying a day of food, drinks, music, and competitions.
- The main event is the full day Golf Marathon
- Drive, Chip and Putt Competition for First Tee Participants taking place on the driving range and practice putting greens
- Longest drive and closest to the pin contests
- Hole-in-one car giveaway
- Afternoon barbeque with live entertainment and family friendly activities
- Demo Day from leading golf equipment brands in the evening
Where does the money go?
$15: Sand wedge
$25: Junior golf bag
$30: Instructional round of golf for two youth program participants
$50: Sponsors a Coach or Volunteer in completing The First Tee Assistant Coach Training (ACT)
$75: Full set of golf clubs
$100: Full set of golf clubs, golf bag and golf balls
$150: Sponsors a participant for a six-week programming session
$250: Sponsors ten young female students to participate in the LPGA/USGA Girls Golf Program
$500: Sponsors a four-person team to compete in the Northeast Regional Challenge, an 18-hole golf tournament and life skills competition that enables Chapter participants the opportunity to associate with golfers from other areas
$1,000: Sponsors a junior’s participation in The First Tee Life Skills Experience Certifying Program, where participants receive life skills training and character education through golf
The Young Professional Council
The Young Professionals Council is a network of active young professionals dedicated to advancing the mission of The First Tee of Greater Washington, DC. Through fundraising, volunteering, and broadening awareness of The First Tee, we are focused on providing resources such as college preparation, scholarship support and equipment for its participants.