BENEFITING: GOOD SHEPERD COALITION
ORGANIZER: GOOD SHEPERD COALITION
EVENT DATE: May 19, 2014
GOOD SHEPERD COALITION wrote -
Good Shepherd Coalition is in the business of preventing homelessness in Macomb County. Our mission is to pool church and community resources to better assist people with food, shelter and medical needs. The GSC is a group of churches that have formed partnerships with community- based organziations and agencies to assist people. When the social services agencies are unable to provide help, GSC in cooperation with local churches and agengies, will assist people so that they might achieve greater self-sufficiency through Christian love and compassion.
By cutting the red tape and avoiding duplication of services, GSC is able to directly pay utility bills preventing shut off of essential services, pay overdue rents stopping eviction and help with basic nedds such as car repairs, essential prescriptions, etc. If a person is in trouble financially and facing potential homelessness the maze of social services can be daunting, GSC helps navigate that maze and finds a solution to the problem.
Without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, marital status or sexual preference and as an equal opportunity employer, the Good Shepherd Coalition is established to serve the citizens residing within the general geographic boundaries of central Macomb County. Services may be for the following purposes:
1. to provide for emergencies such as clothing, food, transportation and financial assistance.
2. to alert the community to specific social problems and the means for dealing with those problems.
3. to provide access to professional counseling services.
4. to provide social service information and assistance.
5. to coordinate community concerns, available resources, programs and projects for those in need.
6. to perform other appropriate tasks as community needs arise and to identify and locate individuals with needs.
A $10 donation will provide a gas card to get someone to work. $100 will pay a gas bill and prevent shut off. No donation is too small and certainly, no donation is too big. Join the Good Shepherd Coalition's Charity Challenge and help a neighbor in need!