BENEFITING: Girls on the Run - Chicago
ORGANIZER: Girls on the Run - Chicago
EVENT: GOTR Chicago Marathon 2016
EVENT DATE: Oct 09, 2016
I'm on the run again! This year with Girls on the Run! This is an awesome organization I was first introduced to in College.
Girls on the Run is an after-school program for girls that creatively integrates running, goal-setting and training for a 5k with a curriculum all about developing confidence, respect and healthy living.
Every Donation Helps!
$10 - Covers the cost of healthy snacks for one girl in the program for an entire season
$25 - Covers the cost of 150 bananas for the 5k finish line
$157 - Covers the cost for one girl to participate in GOTRC for one season
$260 - Covers the cost of water bottles for 400 girls
$335 - Covers the cost of program t-shirts for 85 girls
$564 - Covers the cost of all curriculum materials and supplies for 4 teams
$796 - Covers the cost of training 20 new coaches
$1,003 - Covers the cost of finisher medals for 850 girls
$1,500 - Covers the cost of healthy snacks for 15 teams of 15 girls
$2,355 - Coverse the cost to implement the program at one new low-income site
Fun Facts about Girls on the Run - Chicago:
- GOTR - Chicago is serving 12,500 girls at more than 400 school throughout Chicagoland
- More than half of the 3rd-8th grader participants come from low-income, under-resourced communities and more than 75% request financial assistance to participate in our after-school programming
- To date GOTRC has never needed to turn a girl away from the program because of her inability to pay the program fee
- Last year alone GOTRC awarded more than $943,500 in scholarships and subsidies.
Girls on the Run - International Quick Facts:
- GOTR was established in 1996 in Charlotte, North Carolina
- GOTR has served more than 1 million girls
- With the help of more than 100,000 volunteers, the Girls on the Run program is now serving more than 185,000 girls in 225+ cities across North America each year