BENEFITING: Girls on the Run - Chicago
ORGANIZER: Girls on the Run - Chicago
EVENT: GOTR Chicago Marathon 2016
EVENT DATE: Oct 09, 2016
Dear Friends and Family
Our family is passionate about children’s charities and have been supportive of many great organizations. Many of you know we are also passionate about health and fitness. On October 9, 2016 I will be competing in the Chicago Marathon all the while raising funds for Girls on the Run
As a GOTR run coach myself I saw first hand the camaraderie of the girls on the team during practices and the excitement of completing a 5K race.
For anyone unfamiliar with Girls on the Run, please watch this short documentary, The Finish Line is Just the Beginning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GPxD-fv-J0 and you will understand why I am so passionate about this program and these girls.
This year Girls on the Run-St Louis is on track to serve more than 6,000 girls, which is absolutely amazing! But my hope one day is that every girl will grow up possessing the confidence to do whatever she sets her mind to. Approximately 70% of all girls request and receive financial assistance to participate in the program which is why all funds that I raise will go to underwrite program scholarships, ensuring that every girl can participate regardless of her family’s financial situation.
To help as many girls as possible this year I have a goal to raise $1,000. It would mean SO much to me if you could help by making a donation today. Every donation has a huge impact! Even just $10 will cover the cost of one girl’s healthy snacks for a season! PLUS all donations are tax-deductible! I sincerely appreciate your help.
- You can donate online by visiting http://www.crowdrise.com/gotrchicagomarathon2016/fundraiser/kathyfulton1
- Or you can send in a check, made payable to Girls on the Run-Chicago, with my name in the memo section to 1415 N. Dayton St, Suite 112 Chicago, IL. 60642
Every donation has a huge impact!
• $10 will cover the cost of one girl’s healthy snacks for a season
• $25: Covers the cost of 150 bananas for the 5k finish line
• $44: Covers the cost of 50 tiaras for girls to decorate at the activities tent at the 5k
• $157: Covers the cost for one girl to participate in GOTRC for one season
• $260: Covers the cost of water bottles for 400 girls
• $525: Covers the cost of all curriculum materials and supplies for 6 teams
• $988: Covers the cost of finisher medals for 650 girls
• $2,283: Covers the cost to implement the program at one new low-income site
If you have any questions about how to donate or Girls on the Run in general please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Also if you can think of anyone who might be passionate about the mission too it would be amazing if you would please forward this email to them or send me their contact information.
Thank you so much!
More about Girls on the Run
Simply put, Girls on the Run is an afterschool program for girls ages 8-14 that transforms the way girls see themselves and their opportunities. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment, while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness. The mission is achieved by volunteer coaches who meet with the girls as a team twice per week for 12 weeks as they complete the curriculum which creatively integrates running, goal-setting and training for a non-competitive 5k (3.1 miles) running event with interactive lessons that encourage positive social-emotional and physical development among participants.
When girls participate in this program they exhibit improved self-esteem, body size satisfaction, and physical activity behaviors to a statistically significant extent. Girls also show