BENEFITING: ARCH ST METHODIST CHURCH
Grace Café is a restaurant style community meal (soup kitchen) serving our communities most vulnerable residents, our neighbors currently experiencing homelessness and struggling with food insecurity. Each week Grace Café welcomes between 200-250 of our neighbors for a home cooked dinner in a welcoming, safe and judgment free space. Grace Café is a program of the Arch Street United Methodist Church in Center City Philadelphia. Arch Street United Methodist Church is a progressive, reconciling (LGBTQ safe space) congregation that engages in both justice and mercy. We work with our community to change systems and to provide hands on direct service. We are a volunteer led and donation driven program.
Grace Café has grown with each passing year. We hosted our first Health Fair this spring connecting our Grace Café congregation with life sustaining community health resources in a safe, welcoming and familiar space. As our program has grown and so has our need for partners to share the journey with our community. We invite you to partner with Grace Café. Individuals, blocks of neighbors, faith communities, student groups and community organizations partner with our Grace Café community by providing 50% of our Grace Café meals in kind each year; financially supporting Grace Cafe in funding the remaining 50% of our evening meals; and by volunteering to assist us in serving dinner on a Sunday evening.
Even the smallest donation will make a big impact on our Grace Café community. We invite you to join us on the journey.
Your donation of:
• $1200 will provide coffee and tea for Grace Cafe for a year.
• $600 will provide one Sunday evening Grace Cafe meal serving 250 of our neighbors.
• $150 will provide a month of public transportation access for needed medical appointments and job interviews.
• $50 will replace necessary identification required to obtain housing, health insurance and employment.
• $20 will provide coffee and tea for Grace Café for meal.
• $10 will provide paper products for Grace Café for one week.
• $5 will provide a box of food service gloves.