Grace Miller Fund
Organized by: Maria Booth
My name is Maria Booth and I am writing this on behalf of so many, but in particular our dear friend Grace Miller. Some of you may know that Grace was diagnosed with Epilepsy. This debilitating disorder has decreased her quality of life dramatically.
The stats are astonishing and unfortunately someone you know is most likely one of these alarming statistics.
* More than 2M people in the US suffer from Epilepsy and it is one of the fastest growing illnesses.
* 1 in 26 people develop Epilepsy at some point in their life time.
* 1 in 3 people who suffer from Epilepsy live with uncontrolled seizures because their seizures are resistant to available treatments.
Today, Grace suffers from a form of Epilepsy that causes her to have at least three complex partial seizures a day and has led to her upcoming hospitalization on Oct. 28 for at least 7 days of observations and tests. As you can well imagine, it is the most frustrating way to live when you are used to being so active in your life and community. Grace is a fighter and would never let something like this slow her down, which is why I am contacting you.
Because of the severity of Grace’s diagnosis, she will need extra assistance and care to insure her wellbeing as she navigates through her life and her work day. She has been working with her doctors, and an organization called Doggie Does Good, who specialize in service dog training and placement. Luckily, she has been able to identify a service dog that fits her needs; her name is Riley. In order to get ownership and training of Riley, Grace and Jon will have to invest a significant amount of money which is estimated at $40,000. I am hoping you will help support Grace’s quest to get Riley home.
Because the needs are so great, and Grace and Jon would never ask for this type of help, I am hoping to do a few things to help spread the word on Grace’s cause. Here are some ways you can get involved with our journey to get Riley home to Grace.
1. Over the next 90 days, our goal is to raise funds for Grace’s dog Riley while raising awareness for Epilepsy, and utilize CROWDRISE to help spread the word to you and your contacts.
2. My husband Chris and I, as well as a few friends, will be hosting a garage sale to help underwrite costs on Saturday, October 4th .
3. Her friends and family will be hosting a fundraising dinner on October 9th from 6:30 to 9:00 PM. Invite to follow via Eventbrite.com. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/grace-miller-dinner-dining-for-dogs-tickets-13369180579
4. If you can’t attend one of these functions, or would not feel comfortable using CROWDRISE and would like to donate directly, please go to Doggie Do Good’s website and type in “GRACE MILLER” as your reference code, they will credit your donation to her fees associated in getting Riley trained.
5. All donations are tax deductible.
If you have other ways to engage your friends to spread the word, please feel free. Attached is Doggie Do Good's information to help raise funds. I truly appreciate your time and attention to my email. Please feel free to call me at 323-900-8719 if you need further information or details on any of the above items.