EVENT DATE: Dec 17, 2012
I like what Robert Smith, Russell Smith Farms, and Cambs said “Water is only going to become more expensive and less reliable. In my opinion, we should be filling all the holes we dig with water and not using them as landfill.” My goal is to start a water conservation project in my District in Uganda while carrying out fish farming and organic farming.
Throughout the history of the world, dams and reservoirs have been used successfully in collecting, storing and managing water needed to sustain civilization. Even today, water remains essential for the survival of mankind and the future development of the world’s cities, industries and agriculture. Storing water through reservoirs, dams and ponds is seen as another way of adapting to climate change and ensuring food security.
I am starting up a project called Nikimu water conservation project for food production during dry periods and adaptation to climate change.
The project will specialize in mainly organic farming for food production during dry periods and adaptation to climate change. The Nikimu water conservation project will be committed to water conservation in order to adapt to climate change and increase irrigation for food production (organic farming) at the same time carryout fish farming. Other objectives will include:
• Improving diet (fish diet) of the local community around Kamonkoli Sub County especially those who cannot afford to buy meat, milk as a source of proteins.
• Create jobs for youths and conversationalist.
• To ensure and adapt against climate change.
• To build first demonstrative water conservation and irrigation project in Budaka district (Eastern part of Uganda).
• To ensure that the people of Budaka district produce agricultural products
• Establishment and promotion of an integrated catchment management system to ensure maintenance of ecosystem integrity and sustainable use of water resources.
• Conserving the wetlands which are disappearing at a higher rate.
• Fight poverty.
I am excited to meet the challenge of starting a project like this one, especially since it is for a good cause, but I need your help.
I have agreed to raise 30,000 dollars in sponsors and would greatly appreciate any contribution possible which will help me achieve these goals. Currently, there is search a project like water conservation for food production (especially organic farming) during dry periods and adaptation to climate change in Budaka District (eastern part of Uganda) and this is the very reason why your help and support mean so much. All monies raised benefit the implementation of the project activities. Please join me in supporting this very important cause.
Thank you for your support!
You can email me for more information if you want to sponsor
I kindly welcome any one willing to partner with me to start this project
For any kind support you can use
BANK OF AFIRCA UGANDA LTD
ACOUNT NUMMER: 03767400001
SWIFT CODE or IBAN is AFRIUGKA
Thank you for supporting me and such a wonderful cause!
You can also visit me on www.wiser.org my user name is mulonde
P.O Box 1040 Mbale Uganda
C/O Nikimu Farm
The Team: $0 TOTAL RAISED SO FARJOIN THE TEAM
Want to help Fundraise or Volunteer for this amazing Fundraiser? Join the Team