BENEFITING: GRAND TRIANGLE INC
The Grand Triangle is an International NGO created to honor the victims of the slave trade also known as the triangular trade. Its main objective is to honor the memory of millions of the fallen people under the yoke of slavery during the painful period of Atlantic trade which lasted four centuries. It forms part of a vast program known as the “Memorial for Africa.”
Its activities include:
- To make Africa known by descendants of the deported in order to promote a return to roots through an archeological and nostalgic remembrance tourism which may lead to a discovery of their origin following the example of Kunta Kinte, thanks namely to the contribution of genealogists of the two sides.
- Find the necessary funding for Grand Triangle - Memorial For Africa Programs:
- For the restoration of slave sites with appropriate reception facilities to host visitors from across the Atlantic;
- The building of commemorative monuments on the sites and scenes of past tragedies;
- To organize cultural and sport activities as to make it possible for descendants of exiles of the slave trade to show their talent on the land of their ancestors, and rise the will to investing in that land in some of them who can do so;
- To grant the “Memorial of Africa” Grand Prize (in project):
with the top 3 categories for outstanding artistic, cinematographic or musical productions related to the slave trade deportation.
Descendants of deported in the Americas or West Indies who showed outstanding talent in the fields of sports, literature, arts, cinema and politics.
Any person, corporation or association that noticeably show achievement in all forms of slave abolition activities.
- Create a foundation “Memorial for Africa” to get together all historical items related to that trade in order to build a genealogical bridge between the two sides of the Atlantic, with valid and reliable data collected through appropriate means and that can be used by researchers of all sides. In the same vein, identify and arouse the desire to become archeologists in our children and take the charges of related study costs.
- Create and contribute to the twinning of towns in which one or several inhabitants are revealed to genealogic links on the two sides of the Atlantic.
- Build the Hotel of the slave trade exiles hosts on each slave site, destined to accommodate African American tourists in vacation or in business trips.
o Satisfy the international character of The Grand Triangle which is expressed through our will to invest in the places where slave sites are located by creating a small branch in order to initiate social and educative activities as well as agricultural ones to the benefit of local populations as a symbolic compensation for the loss of their best men and women during that trade.
The results of all these activities are enormous and source of well-being for our populations namely through the contributions from the investments of the Diaspora which will value resources and local competences of targeted regions.