This COULD be our last year if we don't make budget
February 25, 2017
BENEFITING: Greater Hartford Festival Of Jazz
EVENT DATE: Jul 14, 2017
DAYS TO GO: 20
For the past 25 years the Greater Hartford Festival of Jazz has ensured that individuals and families can bring their children, friends and pets to enjoy three nights and four days of the hottest, coolest and smoothest jazz on the grounds of Bushnell Park in downtown Hartford, Connecticut.
To our devoted followers, can you imagine a summer without live music in Bushnell Park?!
We need YOU,more than ever to continue to show your support!
To those of you looking to understand what you have been missing; The Greater Hartford Festival of Jazz has been the summer staple of so many Hartford residents, families and even tourists for over 25 years now!
With all the change occurring to the economy, within days or months we can be at risk more than ever. For several years, we have been seeking a titled sponsor to honor our event. This form of assistance can secure a budget to operate and prevent the need to change the dynamic of the well known free event to an required entrance fee. All funds raised will be invested towards current and future shows to come.
The Greater Hartford Festival of Jazz (GHFJ) is a non-profit organization comprised of a VOLUNTEER board. Yes, a group of passionate Hartford residents who love to share quality Jazz with the community in which they live free of cost. These individuals chose to follow in the inspirational footsteps of the well-noted Hartford Jazz bassist and music educator, Paul Brown. Late Paul Brown, produced the Monday Night Jazz Series in Bushnell Park and after 25 years of success, THIS festival was BORN in 1992. Paul Brown brought world-renowned and local artist together to the beautiful Pavilion stage.
This generated a atmosphere of social peace in Hartford all brought together by an individual with a vision to share America’s greatest art form; Jazz.
For those of you familiar, can you imagine all those years of free Jazz in Hartford coming to a stop due to lack of awareness of our financial constraint or resource? WE are taking the matters into our own hands and asking for our followers and good semaritans to take action as well.
So, why is participating in this fundraising effort so important?
- HOSPITALITY It is our mission to provide and maintain a world class jazz event for the people. We genuinely want our community and those who attend to have an outlet free of stress and exposure to a quality music without much financial hassle.
- DREAMS are made on the Pavilion stage; we provide a platform for up and coming artist to be among world-renowned artist and perform in front of thousands of people. Young entrepreneurs who strive to be the leaders of tomorrow, dancers who share their art of self-expression instead of violence have taken our stage and articulated their aspirations. It is our desire to continue to inspire inner city children to avoid the streets and pursue the arts and simply be motivated by the positivity of their surroundings. Confidence is developed on our stage.
- UNITY We begin every show with an acknowledgement to recognize your “neighbor”. We encourage unity. We all have differences but those differences aren’t apparent during the festival. We all sit amongst each other. We acknowledge life’s challenges and strive to make everyone feel equal by ensuring accessibility to all we have to offer. We demonstrate respect and its been reciprocated for 25 years and counting. Let’s not have to change the standard.
- EDUCATION This festival has been hosted on the historical Bushnell Park green since its inception. Highlighting the beautiful capital city and what it has to offer. We remind our audience the beauty of being outdoors and enjoying the company of family and peers. We introduce them to new sounds, culture and the importance of physical and mental health through on site human services resources.
- PARTNERSHIP Local restaurants, vendors and companies have the ability to benefit from our vast audience for exposure through stage appearances, vending and digital marketing. We reciprocate our audience as well by providing a safe environment patrolled by the Hartford Police and Fire Department.
- ACCESSIBILITY A real live concert! We come year after year to deliver a groovy experience. According to last years reviews, better than anticipated and to some the best year yet. More than 70,000 audience members over the series of 3 days have accessibility to enjoy sounds from world renowned artists for photos and signatures. During and after performances artists roam the crowd and interact with the guests. We provide an invaluable experience for both socialites and jazz enthusiasts. How many festivals have you been to where you’ve been able to sit your child front row with your lawn chair and picnic basket filled with your favorite wine and surrounded by your highly favored family and friends and get up, dance then walk away to grab some food or shop and your set up is still there?! We take pride in making everyone feel comfortable in the Park.
SO, lets try to reach our goal of $100,000 together and keep the Greater Hartford Festival of Jazz as the highlighted event of the summer.
As Paul Brown use to say, “Wherever the Jazz is, there is never any problems in the streets”. Let's keep that saying true because WE the People, are for the people, to show you a good time! So let's MAKE IT HAPPEN today and for generations to come!