Greg Drury via Crowdrise
September 03, 2013
BENEFITING: WFH Wholeness
Raising awareness about Health, Environment and Social Consciousness
WFH encourages individuals, organizations, and communities to adopt Helping Uplift Humanity (HUH!)* both as experiments and long-term changes.
*HUH! was formerly referred to as Green Practice Projects (GPP) now expands to include more than just environmental projects.
*ALSO - SEE list of related events at bottom.
Simple: Create Teams of people - most people already do a 'humanity' practice and this HUH! system allows them to share their knowledge, let others join in with a community of like minds, and satisfy their need to do something good together.
HUH! is action that enhances uplifting value systems of individuals, organizations, and communities. HUH! generally aims to simplify life while improving health, environment, and social consciousness.
Most active is the BIKE COOPERATIVE - starting with three WFH partners - A.U., Wilson H.S., and Gearin' Up; OTHERS Include: Ward 3 Bike Lanes. Sustainability, 3rd Party NRG, Energy Audits, Sustainable DC in 8 Wards, Bike365*, Three Green Pears (center) Health Fair Trade and Yoga - Kensington, MD, Eating, Putting in Small Veggie Gardens in Urban Homes, Compost 101 & Veggie Gardening in Urban Homes*, Local Fresh Produce in Low Income Areas, Embassy EcoTours*, Juice Veggies Health, Baltimore Green PR, Original Teams: Zero Waste a) Coffee Hour b) Events c) Workplace d) Construction; Public Banking; Passive Housing; Clean Trash; Solar Simple; The Crib; Reusable Eatware; Passing It On; Compost 101; Bike365
Business model is simple:
Started in 2013, your contribution will help create a fund of $15,555 that in 2016 will be devoted in equal portions to three goals:
1. Supporting the projects of faith based organizations
2. Educating individuals, groups, and communities about Uplifting Humanity, through brochures; booths at fairs and expos 3 examples: GreenLiving Expo DC on Sept 7th, GreenFestDC on Sept 21-22, NBC4 Health & Fitness Expo on Jan 11-12, 2014
3. Supporting Wholeness for Humanity - a 501(c)3 nonprofit - we're building programs ongoingly.
Thank you - Greg
MORE INFO BELOW IF YOU NEED IT:
But the benefits of HUH! go beyond time and money; they give participants the reward of “value-enhancing simplicity.” And they may ultimately save money, not only for the individual but for the common good. Participants find that, with experience, collaboration, research, and expert advice, projects become more efficient and effective. And the projects are often morally and spiritually satisfying from Day One.
WFH steps up to help HUH! practitioners to find useful projects, to get over the rough spots, to share and improve techniques, to bring in others who can lend enthusiasm and specialized knowledge, and to share with the broader community the knowledge the projects create—via eco-fairs, eco-tours, and other events. Because Green Practice can be hard to sustain, due to the difficulty of judging and tracking progress in terms of enhanced values, WFH is developing an online tool to track participants’ progress.
In 2013 WFH started building teams to bring Help Uplift Humanity to 150 local Green partners--“Glocals” (people who “think globally, act locally”)—and groups in the metropolitan DC area. Among them are faith groups and the largest Green expos in the DC metro area, including Green America’s GreenFestDC. WFH currently is raising funds to support this outreach.
Will you make a tax-deductible contribution to aid WFH in this effort?
Your contribution will help create a fund of $15,555 that in 2016 will be devoted in equal portions to three goals:
1. Supporting the Green projects of faith based or nonprofit organizations that do-good in Washington, DC and the Chesapeake Watershed, a future WFH partner that has initiated numerous Green Practice Projects of their own. These projects usually include implemented Green Practice methods; adoption of environmentally sensitive methods of maintaining the building and grounds; an environment committee that actively promotes GPPs; and classes, based on the environmental books promoting a slower, simpler, more sustainable life.
2. Educating individuals, groups, and communities about Green Practice, through brochures; booths at Green fairs and expos; materials and kits with lessons from existing HUH!; bicycle eco-tours; and creation of HUH! teams, coaching, and online program management to keep track of projects.
3. Supporting the Wholeness for Humanity general budget, which provides for staff and administrative overhead, as well as the online services that are an important part of its outreach and fundraising.
Your gift will help us greatly to advance this project, and due to the generosity of an anonymous donor, contributions will be matched up to a total of $7,777.50
Thank you for becoming a partner in our efforts to promote HUH! to improve health, environment, and social consciousness.
UPCOMING EVENTS RELATED TO THIS INTIATIVE:
Fun stuff a comin' (links to register)
1) GreenLiving Expo DC 3/7 10 AM - 4 PM with a WFH Booth.... showing Green Practice Projects and asking others to join teams, designing Zero Waste coffee mugs for St C's or other faith based group...
2) the GreenHomes Bike EcoTour 2 - 4 PM led my WFH that features St C's as the 3rd stop (at 3 PM) to do a Green-Walk-Through.
3) Only a week from that 9/14 is the Bishops Ride 8:15 to 3 PM - from Thurmont to Gettysburg r/t, a metric century. (I will be riding)
4) Then a week later is GreenFestDC 9/21-22 9 AM to 6 PM both Saturday and Sunday (I have free GreenFestDC Tickets for all of you, (WFH expects to have a booth) and....
5) ...Sunday 9/23 the SuperH Handcycle occured and was a grand success.
6) October 8th Sea Gull Century - on the Eastern Shore. (I will be riding)
7) Oct 15th Bishops Ride - National DC monuments. (I will be riding)
8) November 9th OSL Day of Healing event and WFH Healing is Key campaign - at All Saints Church. (I will be attending, helping)
9) 21st Annual NBC4 Health & Fitness Expo Jan 11-12 - DC Convention Center - WFH led the Green Pavilion at this event starting in 2012 and has been planning strategies for our next initiative at this event. (I will be attending, possibly having a WFH Booth or partnering with NRH or other partner already booth-ing)